PDA

View Full Version : What to use on metal and plastic trim?

sas71
05-23-2008, 02:26 PM
i guess i need to get something to apply to the metal trim around the windows and the plastic trim there at the side mirror before it starts to fade..whats good for that?

will i need to buy 2 different products sinces one is metal the other is plastic?

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/Speed_Racer71/m312.jpg

mborner
05-24-2008, 04:57 AM
Black Wow.

SilverSeven
05-24-2008, 05:14 AM
Well the black metal trim is usually a flat black paint then I`ll use a sealant or wax on it. The plastic and rubber trims I usually use a vinyl & rubber trim protectant.

abbeysdad
05-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Well the black metal trim is usually a flat black paint then I`ll use a sealant or wax on it. The plastic and rubber trims I usually use a vinyl & rubber trim protectant.

What he said :)

sas71
05-24-2008, 08:09 AM

i used some TW Ice once on all the trim a few weeks ago. i imagine its washed off since then. it was all i had lying around

next time i wash ill do the metal with some sealant. Do i need to polish first?

i need some interior products anyway so that works out on the plastic. ill prb grab some Poorboys Nat. Dressing , since im having good luck with their stuff so far i guess ill stick with them.

Accumulator
05-24-2008, 12:22 PM

I even use LSPs on the plastic stuff. If it`s textured I generally employ the W-O-W-O method as it seems to result in a more uniform finish. Two products that work especially well for this are KSG and Collinite 845.

I even use Souveran on the Jag`s black exterior *rubber* trim and I used to use Malm`s liquid wax on it. And believe it or not, Collinite 476S paste wax worked well on the Volvo 240 wagon`s rubber trim :eek: