PDA

View Full Version : Undercarriage Spray & Trim Dressing

jealkon
05-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Need some advice on a trim dressing and undercarriage spray

For the trim - am looking at Black Wow for AG, Adams VRT and Chemical Guys Black Forever

For the undercarriage either Adams invisible or Chem Guys Bare Bones

Your thoughts?

Pats300zx
05-23-2008, 05:50 AM
I love CG Bare Bones as an undercarriage spray. CG VRT is next on my "to try" list...

Way2SSlow
05-23-2008, 05:53 AM
I have Adam`s VRT. I think it would look good on trim, but I dont think it`s going to last long. I use it mainly on interiors and the rubber seals around the doors. It is dry to the touch and it`s really a great dressing. I didnt get a whole lot of durability when I used it on tires or trim. I`m just using regular old Armor All for the wells because it looks good, it`s cheap and it`s readily available.

Yukon Cornelius
05-23-2008, 08:21 AM
I tried Poorboys Bold and Brite last night on the wheelwells, and I like the looks. Semi-matte finish. As for durability, that has yet to be seen.

imported_shine
05-23-2008, 08:49 AM
I love CG Bare Bones as an undercarriage spray. CG VRT is next on my "to try" list...

Do you find that you need to wipe the wheel wells down after use? They advertise it "Just spray on and walk away." I`ve been trying to decide on a dedicated wheel well dressing as well.

VroomVroom
05-23-2008, 09:12 AM
I`d recommend Poorboy`s BnB or Zaino Z16 for smooth fender liners and most textured trim. I`m also a big fan of Poorboy`s NL and Trim Restorer.

Z16 is just ridiculous - I love it. And for a coupla` years there I figured there was nothing better than BnB. The flexibility between matte, gloss, and wet is very easy to dial-in on black trim as well as tire sidewalls.

VRT, to my tastes, is just too glossy and the durability is horrible. I received a sample of Adam`s undercarriage spray, and have mixed feelings about it. For heavily textured wheel wells - a la Lexus ES - it`s great because it just covers everything. But it also leaves everything really wet looking. If this is your preference, you might really like it. The odor (too sickeningly sweet to call it a scent :D) is really strong too. Your customer may wonder where you spilled the grape soda.

Anyway, for me, unless the wheel well is too textured to apply it, my favorite is Z16 with BnB still on the shelf for backup duty. For the heavily textured fender linings, I think I actually prefer the old staple...Armor All. For weatherstripping and other trim, the PB stuff - NL and TR - is outstanding.