PDA

View Full Version : Vapor Clean Products TR6 Purchasing Experience...Wow!

Pages : [1] 2

5IVE
05-22-2008, 12:13 PM
After reading all the good reviews about steamers, I decided I would purchase the TR6 from Vapor Clean Products.

I purchased online on May 2nd, 2008 and received the following order confirmation via email on Monday May 5th, 2008(address & name deleted):

from Vapor Clean <Info@vaporcleanproducts.com> hide details May 5

to xxx xxx <xxx@xxx.com>

date May 5, 2008 7:03 PM

subject Vapor Clean Products Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========

Merchant : Vapor Clean Products

Date/Time : 05-May-2008 08:03:33 PM

Transaction ID : 1828606866

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========

Invoice Number : 12345

Description : Order

Total : 659.00 (USD)

Payment Method :xxx

==== BILLING INFORMATION ===

Customer ID : xxx

First Name : xxx

Last Name : xxx

Company :

Address : xxx

City : xxx

State/Province : xx

Zip/Postal Code : xxxxx

Phone : xxx-xxx-xxxx

Fax :

Email : xxx@xxx.com

Then I received the following email from their customer service department:

Dear Mr. xxx

Thank you for your recent order at Steam cleaner, steam cleaners, steam cleaning, steam vapor cleaners (http://www.vaporcleanproducts.com).

Due to an overwhelming response for our TR6 this past

week, we were oversold in our inventory. Spring cleaning has taken us by surprise.

Shipment of your item has been delayed pending

arrival of new inventory.

This item is expected to be ready to ship

in approximately 7 - 10 business days as there is a shipment in transit to our location at this time.

Your order will remain open until that time and be shipped

with no additional confirmation necessary. We apologize for any

inconvenience this may cause you. Please note, since it is possible that your order will ship sooner than

the date above, if you would like to change your order in any way, you

must do so within 48 hours of receiving this email.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, and would like to

thank you for your business.

Vapor Clean Products

After getting impatient and being QUITE annoyed that this was not mentioned on their website, I wrote the following:

from xxx xxx<xxx@xxx.com> hide details May 9

to Patty Sharpe <sale@vaporcleanproducts.com>

date May 9, 2008 11:42 AM

subject Re: Vapor Clean Products

mailed-by xxx.com

Patty,

I was wondering what the status of my order is? Please update me as soon as possible. Thanks and have a great weekend!

I didn`t get a response, but then on Saturday May 17th I get the following tracking notice from FedEx:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/5IVE_2007/Vapor/untitled3.jpg

It USED to say "Estimated Delivery Date May 21, 2008" up until this morning.

I called FexEx after not receiving the product and they informed me that they never physically picked up the package from the Vapor Clean facility.

Furious, I sent the following email to their customer service department:

Patty,

Please update me on the status of my order. I received an email last Friday with FedEx tracking information. It stated that I would receive my product on May 21st. However, after contacting FedEx directly, I have learned that this package has not been picked up from your facility. This order has not been what I expected it to be and I have expressed my dissatisfaction with the lack of quality customer service I have received from Vapor Clean. I would like to know what the EXACT status of my order is and EXACTLY where the package is. This has been detrimental to my business and I have lost significant amounts of capital because of Vapor Clean`s lack of concern for customer service and satisfaction. I expect this package to be shipped with the most expidited method courtesy of Vapor Clean. I will be publishing my experience with your company and product on a major consumer website when I receive it.

Sincerely,

xxx xxx

I JUST got the following email from Vapor Clean:

Mr. xxx,

Patty has communicated with you on numerous occasions and Vapor Clean has provided you constant customer communications. We are sorry that you feel our company has been less given you a "lack of quality" experience. We are unable to expedite your shipment and given your statements regarding your intentions as a customer, at this time we have pulled your order from the shipping dock and refunded your money and voided your order.

Sincerely,

Vapor Clean Products

- Show quoted text -

I understand that I may have been somewhat impatient, but I would have appreciated and welcomed any updates on the status of my order. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a company!

Needless to say, I`m taking suggestions for another brand of steamer now...

reaper34
05-22-2008, 12:26 PM
that sucks big time man. and what a crappy response from them.

DM101
05-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Wow, that is definitely not good. I don`t see, by what you have posted, that you were out of line. And pulling your order is definitly a no-no. I`d look elsewhere or call the company and ask for the Owner. They are out of touch. One unsatisfied customer can really hurt a company.

Banacheq
05-22-2008, 02:42 PM
First off, they probably don`t have their inventory tied to their website, which I would only really expect from a high volume store. It would be nice, but I`m guessing until they see this problem occur a few more times, they`re probably not in any big hurry to spend the money to have this updated.

You freely admit to being impatient, but at the point where you ask for an update and you don`t get any response for over a week is very poor on their part.

I would have attempted to appeal to their good senses by mentioning, as you did, that it is affecting my business, and then ask if they can help me out by possibly covering the cost difference for expedited shipping. I might also mention that I`m active on several detailing forums and I would really like to give them a positive review of this experience.

They have no guarantee that you won`t bad mouth them, but at least they`d be more inclined to work with you rather than just pulling your order, which I`m really surprised that they did. From what you wrote, they most likely figured that they were going to get a bad review regardless of what they did.

As MDRX8 mentioned, one unsatisfied customer can really hurt. As he mentions, try to get a hold of the owner and express your dissatisfaction. He may never hear about it otherwise.

g26er
05-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Needless to say, I`m taking suggestions for another brand of steamer now...

If they ran out of stock... why are they posting a steady supply of them on ebay. hmmm

EDIT: Nevermind... it`s the TR5 that`s on ebay.

I ordered a KleenJet Pro Plus 200S from daimer.com on Tuesday. Had a fedex tracking number in about 10 minutes (not kidding). It`ll be here tomorrow! :woot2:

gben
05-22-2008, 03:33 PM
It`s unfortunate that you had this type of experience not just with this company but any company. I`ve recently read (not sure if it was this forum or another) about someone who had purchased the same steamer and if I recall correctly he was hotter than his steamer due to it not working upon arrival. He even posted a video of it on youtube called TR6 POS. YouTube - TR6 Vapor Cleaner in "action" ..what a POS!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pytikfI8aDI). Maybe things worked out best for you! As far as getting another even tho I don`t own one I have done my share of looking into them getting ready for the day I actually buy one. What I`ve found and not quite in that price range but a couple of $$ more :( would be Daimer, more than a few autopians have assorted models of this product line and most give theirs a :up. Another I`ve found is JRI: VAPOR STEAM CLEANERS. Commercial, Industrial & Home use Dry Vapor Steamers - Cleaner (http://www.save-now.com/steam). I`m not sure how either of these places customer service is but I`m willing to go out on a limb here and say it`s not any worse! :grinno: Whatever one you purchase next I hope you have better luck. Let us know what you get and how you were treated.

Ron Harris
05-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Wow, that is definitely not good. I don`t see, by what you have posted, that you were out of line. And pulling your order is definitly a no-no. I`d look elsewhere or call the company and ask for the Owner. They are out of touch. One unsatisfied customer can really hurt a company.

Trust me these people don`t care what is said about them. They think detailers are the scum of the earth and will find you at fault if you complain about the machine or if it breaks down during the warranty period.

I could go on and on about these people but it hasn`t done any good as far as getting people to buy from another company.

Gopher
05-22-2008, 10:05 PM
respond to their ridiculous email with a link to this thread.

I for one will not give that company my business.

My93Civic
05-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Well now we know what company not to purchase a steamer from; thats some shoddy customer service.

Junebug
05-23-2008, 05:19 AM
Well, as much as I would like to have a nice steamer, I`m getting the Shark from Lowes - it`s plenty good enough for my weekend detailing. What I really like is researching products and a few weeks ago I found out that a lot of people were totally pissed off at that Vapor Clean Products store. If you search, there was a good discussion over on Mobile Works Forum - if I remember correctly the poster there was angry about the machine not working correctly and their lack of concern - customer service wise. IMHO - they did you a favor, search a little more and you`ll find better options.

Setec Astronomy
05-23-2008, 05:47 AM
Ha ha, you were a little nasty in your email, I may think those things but I wouldn`t write them, at least not until they tweaked me a little more. If it`s a small company, I`m actually not surprised they pulled the order...sometimes those small business owners get pretty cranky. As mentioned, perhaps it worked out for the best.

MichaelM
05-23-2008, 06:51 AM
You went straight from,

"Have a great weekend!"

to

"..not been what I expected it to be ...dissatisfaction...lack of quality customer service... (big angry caps) EXACT... (more big angry caps) EXACTLY ..detrimental... lack of concern for customer service and satisfaction. I expect (making demands) this package to be shipped with the most expidited (more demands) method courtesy of Vapor Clean. I will be publishing my experience with your company and product on a major consumer website when I receive it.(and a big threat to publicly smear the company to top it off)"

All this while they were only a couple business days past the original estimate of, "approximately 7-10 business days" that they gave you. IMO "somewhat impatient" is a huge understatement.

I wouldn`t want to have customers like that either.

5IVE
05-23-2008, 10:18 AM
I have no problem with shipment delays and other issues that come up regarding the order, as long as I`m notified. The problem wasn`t the actual shipment delay, it was their lack of response and care. When someone books me for a detail, I do everything I can to keep them happy. This includes answering questions, going over expectations, satisfaction reviews, follow-ups, etc. I would never cancel or reschedule an appointment without notifying the customer well in advance. At the end of the day I guess business can be conducted in various ways.

imported_Denzil
05-23-2008, 10:31 AM
You went straight from,

"Have a great weekend!"

to

"..not been what I expected it to be ...dissatisfaction...lack of quality customer service... (big angry caps) EXACT... (more big angry caps) EXACTLY ..detrimental... lack of concern for customer service and satisfaction. I expect (making demands) this package to be shipped with the most expidited (more demands) method courtesy of Vapor Clean. I will be publishing my experience with your company and product on a major consumer website when I receive it.(and a big threat to publicly smear the company to top it off)"

All this while they were only a couple business days past the original estimate of, "approximately 7-10 business days" that they gave you. IMO "somewhat impatient" is a huge understatement.

I wouldn`t want to have customers like that either.

Trust me, you wouldn`t have customers AT ALL if you conducted business this way. If a company says one thing and doesn`t follow up on it, it`s their responsibility to update the customer. If they fail to do that, that`s a poorly-run company.

Also, canceling an order by the vendor`s choice is highly unprofessional. It`s obvious that Vapor Clean DOES NOT care for their customers. If they did, they would do anything and everything to rectify the situation despite whatever their customer`s negative experiences have been and what he/she may intend to do.

04yfz
05-23-2008, 11:02 AM
I ordered a VX-5000 a few weeks ago and they had a similair problem where they didn`t have enough units. However, the owner of the company called me himself to tell me about the delay and asked if I wanted to keep the order or cancel it. After that he kept me updated through emails and I was emailed a tracking number as soon as it went out. If you`re looking for a new steam cleaner I recommend checking the VX-5000 out. I`ve haven`t used it that much but so far it`s been great.