PDA

View Full Version : quick connectors dont understand

Pages : [1] 2

blownvert
05-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Im ready to buy my gilmour foamaster, probably get the brass one. Now about all these shut off valves and quick connectors. Seems like AG sells them and there not cheap. This is what I want to do. I want to have a shut off valve on the end of the hose, where you connect and disconnect your foam gun, spray nozzle. I also want that easy connect and disconnect from the foam gun and spray nozzle (fire hose nozzle). From my hose end where I have to hook it up to the water supply, it leaks when i twist it on and turn water on. I have tightened it and it still sprays out everywhere somewhat. So I guess I want a quick connect on that end also to stop leak. Do people just put quick connect on the other side where spray nozzle is? So please send me in right direction, I have searched and looked. Seems like dramm #300 looks good and gilmour quick disconnects from lowes. So again what do i need?

Mindflux
05-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Just go to lowes or home depot and go to their gardening area. Plenty of shutoffs and quick disconnects to be had.

blownvert
05-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Just go to lowes or home depot and go to their gardening area. Plenty of shutoffs and quick disconnects to be had.

I know they have that stuff there, even sears have that. I dont completely understand how many I need, since 1 comes with the foam gun. :)

VroomVroom
05-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Is the entire coupling coming with the foam gun? If so, you`ll probably only need one male fitting for your regular hoze nozzle. I also added a shut-off valve to make the transition between devices easier.

Accumulator
05-22-2008, 12:18 PM
blownvert- To save me some typing :o please see the other thread we have going about the foamguns; I explained how I set mine up and I think you`d like that approach. See if this link works: http://www.autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/106734-gilmour-foamaster-2.html

(IF you can`t find it I`ll rehash it next time I`m online.)

For the leakage at the hose/spigot connection, you probably just need a new washer in the end of the hose where it connects to the spigot, or else your spigot`s threads are messed up (they sell a cheap thread restorer for hose-size connections). Adding a quick disconnect without fixing the proglem will just result in the leakage happening there.

BigJimZ28
05-22-2008, 12:22 PM
how many you NEED=0

but to make like a little easier

grab a Female quick connent and shotoff valve for the end of your hose

and a male quick connect for each of you hose items

foam gun, reg firemans, power washer, ect.......

blownvert
05-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Oh ok, so I dont need a quick connect for the end where i hook up the hose to the water you think? So basically 1 female quick connect, 1 shutoff valve and 2 male quick connects. So basically now which are the best, gilmour? Dramm is expensive and seems only online.

VroomVroom
05-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Unless you switch hoses or move them around - in which case it`s nice to have one on that end - nothing on the supply line.

I`ve only used Gilmour, but I`ve been happy thus far.

blownvert
05-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Unless you switch hoses or move them around - in which case it`s nice to have one on that end - nothing on the supply line.

I`ve only used Gilmour, but I`ve been happy thus far.

I only have 1 hose. Im just talking about since im doing quick connect on one side with the foam gun, nozzle, why not do it on other side hooking it up to the water supply? I dont know.

sas71
05-22-2008, 03:17 PM
i just did what your talking about last week to my hose , gilmour and water nozzle

i got all my stuff at Walmart.

i think i paid no more than $5 for this shut off valve (thats a female end of the quick connect on the end of it)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/Speed_Racer71/1.jpg

the brass quick connect sets were $5 a piece

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/Speed_Racer71/autogeek_2000_74928835.gif

i also had to fix my hose since it was leaking like crazy at the end where the hoze connect. i bought a repair kit which consisted of a new end and a clamp at Walmart also for a few dollars. i bought 3 QC sets but i used 2 female ends and all 3 male ends. i just connected the shut off valve to the hose so i could leave it on there instead of pulling it off and on so when i pull the lawn mower around to spray it off i can use the shut off switch to control the water flow instead having to go grab a nozzle and have to put it back when im done. all this stuff was on the same shelf in the lawn center. im leak free except for a drip that comes out of the on/off handle on the spigot, from the spigot out to the end..nada

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/Speed_Racer71/2.jpg

citizen arcane
05-22-2008, 03:41 PM
:2thumbs: on the Gilmour connectors - as pictured by sas71. Solid precision brass construction and no leaks in one year of service here!

blownvert
05-22-2008, 06:31 PM
sas7 1: I just went to walmart looking at the pieces for a hour lol, the brand they only had was i think sun lite. They dont have gilmour. I was in the gardening section. Does it matter what brand, they are brass. The shutoff valve is the same one I was looking at that you have. Ya i price checked it was $4.92. The brass quick connect set was $4. And 1 quick connector was $2. I didnt buy anything because im buying that fire hose nozzle from sears. I wanna do what they have. I checked on there website, but I didnt like the shutoff valve they have, but they had gilmour stuff. Also my hose leaks also at the spigot, I got the sears black durable hose. So I would buy a whole new end hose connector with that metal ring to seal it.

BigAl3
05-22-2008, 06:38 PM
sas7 1: I just went to walmart looking at the pieces for a hour lol, the brand they only had was i think sun lite. They dont have gilmour. I was in the gardening section. Does it matter what brand, they are brass. The shutoff valve is the same one I was looking at that you have. Ya i price checked it was $4.92. The brass quick connect set was $4. And 1 quick connector was $2. I didnt buy anything because im buying that fire hose nozzle from sears. I wanna do what they have. I checked on there website, but I didnt like the shutoff valve they have, but they had gilmour stuff. Also my hose leaks also at the spigot, I got the sears black durable hose. So I would buy a whole new end hose connector with that metal ring to seal it.

go to sears and you can get the craftsman quick disconnects or lowes as they should have the gilmours. IIRC, they both have a lifetime warranty...

sas71
05-22-2008, 07:28 PM
im not sure the brand name of the ones i have but they work like they should

blownvert
05-22-2008, 07:42 PM
im not sure the brand name of the ones i have but they work like they should

oh i thought you said you got gilmour. you prob got the brand i saw, didnt seem like anything was wrong with it.