PDA

View Full Version : Whos using Duragloss 901 in Foam gun?

NickMach1
05-22-2008, 10:12 AM
For those of you who are, how is it working out? how much soap/water are using in the container?

Thanks,

Nick

VroomVroom
05-22-2008, 11:14 AM
I`m using it, and I love it, but unfortunately I can`t answer your last question...just yet. I`m still using one of the cheapo foam guns that doesn`t allow a mix ratio. However, I`ll soon be using the Foamaster II and will be sure to experiment. Duragloss is definitely my go-to, and I`d recommend it without hesitation for the foam gun and the bucket.

Raz5219
05-22-2008, 12:18 PM
I use it in my foam cannon from time to time. I usually put 2-3 oz of 901 in a 32 oz bottle.

Dunbar42
05-22-2008, 12:25 PM
I use it in my foam cannon from time to time. I usually put 2-3 oz of 901 in a 32 oz bottle.

Me too, I run my Gilmour on a medium setting. I just got a gallon of 901 from Carquest so I should be set for a while.

Bunky
05-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I would just recommend that no matter how much car wash you have that the ultimate setting on the foam gun dispenses the equivalent of 1 oz of wash per gallon of dispensed water (in the bottle and from the supply). It can be deceptive to see a lot of foam yet not really have enough soap coming out needed for lubricity, cleaning, etc. The foam is mostly for show.

Bigpikle
05-23-2008, 01:16 AM
I have a UK model foam gun, that provides a 1:5 foam:water mix. I use about 1" of 901 mixed to about 1L of water and get mega foaming :D

Have to say though. while it foams, it doesnt actually clean...I`ve tried just hundreds of shampoo and foam products for a touchless clean and only 1 actually works in my experiences - Bilt Hamber Auto Foam (http://www.bilthamber.com/autofoam.html), but as of yet I dont believe you can get it in the US? When the car is only lightly dirty that stuff gives a 100% clean in 1 foam and rinse, and its LSP friendly :2thumbs: Used it yesterday on a car with UPGP and it was spotless after a rinse...:D Next winter, this will be pretty much all that ever touches my car until its spring detail...

Finally, a win for the Brits ;) :brit

blownvert
05-23-2008, 08:23 AM
when using foam gun is it not 1oz to 1 gallon anymore obviously, so how much does everyone use say you get the quart size (32oz).

Raz5219 - put 2-3oz per quart. Is that too much?

victory
05-23-2008, 08:42 AM
I have a UK model foam gun, that provides a 1:5 foam:water mix. I use about 1" of 901 mixed to about 1L of water and get mega foaming :D

Have to say though. while it foams, it doesnt actually clean...I`ve tried just hundreds of shampoo and foam products for a touchless clean and only 1 actually works in my experiences...

There`s your problem right there. It`s not a touchless wash product.

Bigpikle
05-23-2008, 10:01 AM
There`s your problem right there. It`s not a touchless wash product.

yep - I know that ;)

I do have a superb touchless wash product now though....