PDA

View Full Version : Advertising idea

brownj218
05-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Actually two ideas, but I`m pretty sure people are already doing the first one.

Anyways, my first idea was to print little stickers with my company name and phone number, and sticking them on the windshield under the oil change sticker. Does anyone already do this, and should I ask permission?

My second idea, which I really like, is to print bigger stickers (2"x2") and stick them on the front of those pocket size kleenex packs. Then I could just leave them in every customers glove compartment/ center console. Think about it, how many times are you in the car and wish you had a kleenex or napkin? Anyways, I was also just wondering if people would have a problem with me opening their glove compartment/ center console.

Any feedback?

todd@bsaw
05-21-2008, 07:11 PM
The static sticker is a good idea, but I`ve never done it. There are companies that can print and send them to you with your logo on.

As for the second idea, I like the tissue suggestion. I would always place a couple business cards in the cup holder or ashtray. I would also put in a nice cold bottle of water in there if I noticed a lot of empty/half-empty bottles while cleaning the interior.

As for the glove box, center console... I always open/clean it and let the customer know before hand. Any personal items are placed in a courtesy bag. Some will tell you up front if they don`t want you going in there, however. I had one customer get heated because she felt like "someone had gone through her car" during the interior detail.

:hm

She had already gotten a large discount that she shouldn`t have (her boyfriend was a co-worker) then proceeded to tell me I scratched her paint after I laughed at the first complaint (I didn`t even touch the outside). I told her to never come by again and hung up on her. You just cannot anticipate the attitude of some people and those you cannot correct are not worth fighting.

PTRon
05-22-2008, 03:27 AM
"because she felt like "someone had gone through her car" during the interior detail."

That`s too much! What did she expect? She probably complains because her landscaper walks on her lawn too.

brwill2005
05-22-2008, 08:45 AM
I had mints made up with my business name a number on the packaging. I place a couple in the cup holder. I sometimes forget though:) It is the little things like that which keep customers coming back. TOL sells the oil change type stickers for the windshield.

mcc
05-22-2008, 10:02 AM
If you need the oil change style stickers, mints, "thank you" bags, ice scrapers, sunglasses visor clips, key chains (leather, rubber, led flashlight, etc.), license plate frames, swiss army knives, or just about anything else with your name/logo on them, shoot me a pm and I`ll give you some options. I`m a dealer for Kaeser & Blair, and I`d try to hook up a fellow detailer as much as I can. I`m a detailer by day, part-time advertising/marketing business owner, and I help my wife clean houses. No 2 days are ever the same.

I`ve personally had success with the oil change stickers. I gave a percentage off if they would call me back by a certain date. Regular maintenenance makes the job easier, so I didn`t mind giving a discount. Of course, my customers are more price-conscious than others, so I do what I can, within reason.

I like the bottled water idea above, that is a great idea. And......I can even get it with logos printed on the label for companies. That is a pretty cool idea, because most cars I go to have old empties around. So, they obviously like it, and it is a nice touch. I`ll have to look into that and see what I can get those for myself.

mgproudfit
05-28-2008, 06:00 AM
mcc, would you mind PMing me the cost for ~100 sunglass clips or the static cling stickers.

Thanks!

Matt

Holden_C04
05-28-2008, 06:11 AM
The static sticker is a good idea, but I`ve never done it. There are companies that can print and send them to you with your logo on.

As for the second idea, I like the tissue suggestion. I would always place a couple business cards in the cup holder or ashtray. I would also put in a nice cold bottle of water in there if I noticed a lot of empty/half-empty bottles while cleaning the interior.

As for the glove box, center console... I always open/clean it and let the customer know before hand. Any personal items are placed in a courtesy bag. Some will tell you up front if they don`t want you going in there, however. I had one customer get heated because she felt like "someone had gone through her car" during the interior detail.

:hm

She had already gotten a large discount that she shouldn`t have (her boyfriend was a co-worker) then proceeded to tell me I scratched her paint after I laughed at the first complaint (I didn`t even touch the outside). I told her to never come by again and hung up on her. You just cannot anticipate the attitude of some people and those you cannot correct are not worth fighting.

Reminds me of a customer I had. Nonetheless, if at all possible, avoid laughing at customers even if they are being ridiculous.

I like the cold water idea.

GT04Mustang
05-29-2008, 03:50 PM
I know I`m new to this, and please don`t take any offense if it`s a repeat, but I found that alot of my customers don`t have any photos of there cars. So I do a professional photo shoot with every car that i do a full detail on. Instead of writing a Thank-you card and giving to them, I write a thank-you note on the back of the 8x10 photo that I give to them. Also I place a few extra photos of there cars on my site.

To be quite honest... it`s worked out very nicely for me. I detailed one gentleman`s car that I work with.(I work for Gulfstream Aerospace as my day job as an Avionics Tech.) I catch him on my site atleast 3 times a week showing ppl his truck...and his truck was done over 3 weeks ago.

I understand that it`s not easy for everyone to do this, but it`s just an idea.

ktorres1120
06-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Wow love the cold water idea. Sorry, gonna steal it! :)

todd@bsaw
06-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Many local water companies will even label water with your logo on it. It`s great marketing as well and costs less than a Dasani bottle of water.

DutrowLLC
06-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Reminds me of a customer I had. Nonetheless, if at all possible, avoid laughing at customers even if they are being ridiculous.

I like the cold water idea.

Yeah, I`m real careful about this type of situation too. Its not personal, its business and its best not to let your emotions come into play. I`m usually very polite, but firm of they are rude to me, doesn`t do any good to appear weak; and I explain to them what ands why we did or did not do whatever it was. Then I mark in my computer system to not service that customer in the future. If that customer called again, we would be "booked up too far in advance" or "don`t service that area anymore." or they`d be in my caller ID and I wouldn`t answer. I don`t want to give anybody a reason to attack me.

dmw2692004
06-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I like the water bottle idea, does anyone have a any favorite sites that do the labeling and shipping for you?

So far I have looked at a few and they have cases of water 12oz bottles going for ~36$ for a single case order.

trusteddetail
06-12-2008, 01:14 AM
I know I`m new to this, and please don`t take any offense if it`s a repeat, but I found that alot of my customers don`t have any photos of there cars. So I do a professional photo shoot with every car that i do a full detail on. Instead of writing a Thank-you card and giving to them, I write a thank-you note on the back of the 8x10 photo that I give to them. Also I place a few extra photos of there cars on my site.

To be quite honest... it`s worked out very nicely for me. I detailed one gentleman`s car that I work with.(I work for Gulfstream Aerospace as my day job as an Avionics Tech.) I catch him on my site atleast 3 times a week showing ppl his truck...and his truck was done over 3 weeks ago.

I understand that it`s not easy for everyone to do this, but it`s just an idea.

This is a good idea !