PDA

View Full Version : Black magic Titanium Tire Gel?

rebelde33
05-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Has anyone tried this? It looks tempting but I`d like to know how it compares to other gels like Meg`s Hot Tire gel?

BigAl3
05-21-2008, 03:58 PM
check out this thread, Sftempest66 used it on this beautiful RSX... 2006 Acura RSX Type S - Autopia.org (http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/86044-2006-acura-rsx-type-s.html)

ZeroDfx
05-21-2008, 05:07 PM
I`ve been using it for about a month now since my Meg`s Endurance Gel ran out. It`s a little thicker and more shiny/slick going on than the Meg`s but it flattens out after an hour or so sitting on the tires; then it ends up looking more like what I`m used to from the Meg`s. For better or for worse, depending upon your preference, it definitely looks more like the tires have been obviously treated. So I guess I`m getting used to the differences and haven`t made an assessment of how I feel about the difference yet.

Nick

abbeysdad
05-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Just me....but I think I prefer a more natural `new` tire look with a hint of sheen rather than some slick silicone like slather.

scott2314
05-24-2008, 07:46 AM
I used it, and it was bad. I applied with a tire swipe I got at autogeek. I tried to get as thin a layer as possible. It was way too thick and shiny, even after a couple washes. When I scraped a fingernail over it I got a bunch of waxy junk under my nail. I ended up really scrubbing the heck out of my tires with citrus cleaner and a scrubbrush. I got a million little waxy balls off. The stuff DOES work well on textured plastic though. I switched to the BM matte spray, and it looks great. It doesn`t last long, but is quick to apply with a tire swipe.

jimmie jam
05-24-2008, 08:15 AM
i picked up some "matte" finish about 2 months ago. i have used it on my DD and am shocked at the durability of this product. looks funky when first applied but it settles down after about one hour or so. drove 50 miles in the rain yesterday and they look great with no washout. i have never got this kind of durability from any product.

mongo
05-25-2008, 09:32 PM
i picked up some "matte" finish about 2 months ago. i have used it on my DD and am shocked at the durability of this product. looks funky when first applied but it settles down after about one hour or so. drove 50 miles in the rain yesterday and they look great with no washout. i have never got this kind of durability from any product.

+1 on the matte tire finish from Black Magic works well and dries fast.

wannafbody
05-26-2008, 08:26 AM
If it is a solvent based dressing then I`d suggest avoiding it. For OTC the Mothers FX tire dressing is quite nice.

mongo
05-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Matte tire drssing is water based and won`t stain the concrete if it gets on it.