PDA

View Full Version : NXT vs NXT 2.0

Pages : [1] 2 3

93zder
05-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Has anyone compared the two? Is the 2.0 any better, if so how so??

BigJimZ28
05-20-2008, 12:06 PM
the 2.0 last a lot longer

search?

Mark77
05-20-2008, 01:03 PM
NXT 2.0 is soo much better than the first version IMHO. Easier to apply and remove, slicker and lasts longer too.

willtothewong
05-20-2008, 02:52 PM
nxt 2.0 simply rocks

i think, one of the best bang for the buck OTC waxes

xmx250
05-20-2008, 03:09 PM
can i use NXT 2.0 without any prep work?

imported_JoshVette
05-20-2008, 03:11 PM
I guess I`ll be the odd ball out....

Personally don`t think it as great as everyone is saying it is.

I have used NXT alot in the past and have recently tested NXT 2.0 and don`t think it`s that much better then the first.

It smells better and that`s about it for me.

After one week it was very slick but as soon as I washed it, it lost about 80% of it`s slickness and does not bead on any top surfaces anymore.

Not impressed at all and wish I hadn`t wasted my $18 bucks for the test....:hairpull

willtothewong
05-20-2008, 03:22 PM
im sure a good clay would help the wax stick to the paint.

imported_JoshVette
05-20-2008, 03:35 PM
im sure a good clay would help the wax stick to the paint.

You think I don`t know that?:spit::D

Of course the car was washed and clayed before the 2.0 was applied.

It was incredibly slick for a week then I made the mistake of washing the slickness off.... no I did not use some harsh soap either, I used Zaino car wash soap.

NXT 2.0 just does not last.:wall

Junebug
05-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Well Josh, we all know you are a knowledgable guy and have mucho detailing experience, however, I and a few others will have to respectfully disagree on NXT 2.0. I have seen it last much longer than a few weeks. This was on a couple daily drivers I do on a regular basis. That said, I do like 21 2.0 and 26 a little better, and if I wanted to really put on a shine, I`d top either one (NXT or 21) with Megs 26, cause they are all so easy to use.

jfelbab
05-20-2008, 04:07 PM
NXT 2.0 is holding up very well for me. It`s been 4 months since I applied it and it still beads well and has some slickness feel. Appearance is still very nice too. Rain beads up well. Car has been washed around 15 times about 5 of which were Laser Touchless washes. The hand washes were done with NXT Tech Wash. Slickness hasn`t washed off for me.

I`d have to say that the new 2.0 product holds on to it`s wet-look shine much longer than the original did. I can also say that this product doesn`t streak in high humidity as the original would sometiems do. Applies and removes easier than the original as well. Now that I think about it, there is really no other OTC product that does a better job, IMO.

BTW, contrary to another posters opinion, these products smell identical to one another. In fact, I just went out to the garage to smell test these two products side by side. <grin>

imported_JoshVette
05-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Guys, I do not doubt any of your results for a second. Mine just haven`t lastest as long. My wife is purely objective when it comes to this stuff and she was watching as I washed it for the beading as well as feeling it afterwards for the slickness.

I only tried it out cause I`ve heard so much good about it.

It still has a tiny bit of slickness and beads on the sides, but none of the top surfaces bead.

It`s on my wifes toyota daily driver but it is garaged.

The origional NXT I have smells like chemicals and the new 2.0 version smells nice, so maybe there was different batch made or maybe I got an early bottle before they added smell to the origional?

Good info guys, keep up the good work.:usa

Josh

imported_sal329
05-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Never used NXT (the original) but I have used 2.0 on both my cars and I like it a lot.

jimmie jam
05-20-2008, 08:28 PM
i have used only the original NXT. i only use it on two of my "garage queens" so durability is never an issue. what i like about it is the ease and quickness of the application. 2.0 will be next. you just can`t beat it for an OTC product IMHO. :xyxthumbs

BRODEY1
05-21-2008, 12:09 AM
I put on 2 layers of 2.0, mostly to ensure proper coverage. Then AW after every 3rd washing. This is for the minivan so I`m not as picky, but its working out well so far.

Junebug
05-21-2008, 05:27 AM
Josh, I thought about this after I posted yesterday. I did a 2003 Acura TL, car was oxidized bad and had some light scratches. I used 106 and it cleaned right up, looked great. I did a ISO wipe down and applied Z5. Car was slick and owner was happy. Two weeks later I was doing the owners` Mom`s Passat and I noticed the TL was covered in bird poop. I took it home, washed with DG and there was no beading.......I quickly hit it with some NXT 2.0 and the slickness / gloss returned. Now, I`ve heard you have to really prep for Z5 and especially after 106. So, maybe your results with NXT was a bonding issue too? I don`t know, either that or maybe you got a bad bottle. Did you try it on any other cars?