PDA

View Full Version : Pad suggestion for a Rotary

imported_HiTek21
05-18-2008, 05:56 PM
I just got a Makita 9227c and was wondering what pad type and sizes you recommend. I have a bunch of LC 5.5 low profile orange and white for my PC but I`m not liking these new LC pads over my old ones because they like to hop and grab so easily.

Also what size pads would you recommend? 6.5" or 8"

POPPAJ
05-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Need help here too! I`d like to know everyones favorite pad/compound/polish/glaze combination for a rotary. Tried 8" flex yellow and SIP with new rotary-not happy with results. :hairpull

imported_Denzil
05-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Personally, I prefer the 6" wool pads over most anything else. Another good pad is the LC PFW. It`s a great go-to pad.

Correct with wool and finish with foam or wool (according to SuperBee, it can be done).

imported_HiTek21
05-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Does anyone have any input on the Edge 2k wave pads? Right now I`m leaning towards LC CCS 7.5" Smart pads but I like the Edge`s mounting system where you can just snap it in or flip it over.

SuperBee364
05-19-2008, 02:16 PM
I just got my very first Edge 2k Wave foam pads the other day. The red ones from AG. They feel like they are made from the exact same foam as the blue 3M waffle pads, which everyone is saying is one of the best finishing pads around. I really like the Edge 2K wave foam. There have been some reports of them seperating at the seam, but Edge will take care of you if they do. Also, it has been a long time (like last year) since I`ve heard any reports of problems with the Edge 2k pads. They run quite a bit cooler than flat foam.

There are a bunch of recent threads discussing all the different pads.... take a minute and look for em. It`ll give you about an hour`s worth of reading. :)