PDA

View Full Version : ONR question

rebelde33
05-17-2008, 07:12 PM
This may sound dumb, but I really want to try ONR and well here goes.

How would you go about cleaning the tires, wheels, and wheel wells with ONR? Would you do them first and then the paint or the other way around?:help:

Macruz19
05-17-2008, 07:27 PM
I use a seperate one gallon of ONR for the wheels/tires.

For the wheel wells I use the left over ONR and a seperate brush for the wells. I spray it down using a gallon of ONR in a pesticide sprayer.

scary bill
05-18-2008, 01:38 AM
Either wash wash the wheels first with a seperate wash mix, or I wash them last using what was left of the wash mix. I only reuse the ONR wash if it is *really* clean, though.

**I use ONR after a high press. wash /w foam cannon.

abbeysdad
05-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Like with any wash, you always do top down, leaving the dirtiest parts for last.

Try using ONR at QD strength of 6-8oz/gal from a hand held (garden) pump sprayer and then a bucket of rinse water with a grout sponge - spray, wipe w/sponge, then dry w/MF towel one panel at a time. Rinse sponge ad needed. (kind of a cross between a wash and QD).

Note: Spray ahead for dirty areas (tires/wheels) for more dwell time.

Ron Harris
05-18-2008, 10:40 AM
I will wash from top to bottom, front to back. Do the door jambs and finish off with the wheels and fender wells. I use 3 gallons total in one window cleaners bucket. Make sure you don`t leave your mitt or sponge in the bucket while cleaning the wheels and wells they will suck up a lot of the dirt.