PDA

View Full Version : Do You Always Feel Compelled To Do This?

ricka
05-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Even after applying the excellent DWG/UPGP combo (which looks fantastic!) I feel compelled to do add something after a normal wash like a QD. Just feels incomplete to just wash and dry even though the car looks great. I did it today, but felt like not putting gel in my hair after a shower...maybe its the reduced slickness factor after a wash...who knows.

Wondering if any autopians feels the same.

imported_paradigm
05-16-2008, 10:51 AM
i always do...whether it`s a QD like Z6/OID or something with protection like Z8 or AW. it isn`t just for the feeling of having to...it gets rid of any leftover waterspots from the wash, etc.

SuperBee364
05-16-2008, 11:03 AM
I think I`m the oddball on this one. I hate touching paint unless it`s going to be polished. I avoid touching it as much as possible, so when I`m done with a wash, I`m done touching it. No QD afterwards for me unless it`s to substitute for a weak LSP until the next time I can wax it.

steelwind101
05-16-2008, 11:09 AM
What is funny, reading on here and on the UK sites is that you guys do not QD when you dry! In the UK anyone who is detailing QDs the car after chasing off most of the water.

It helps for a few reasons, 1 traditional QD`s (not mini spray sealants) tend to help with drying by forcing the water of off the car. It lubricates the drying towel and also it adds a bit of zing to paintwork all in one go.

Also, if you get any falling pollen etc on the car while you are drying you have a bit of QD action going on reduce micro marring!

Back on topic with regard Ultima, you know i want to try that and i just know Z8 will complement it! :grinno: Anyone tried it?

Geoff

CleanGSR
05-16-2008, 11:58 AM
I always QD after a wash (it`s pretty much the only time I ever QD too). With my black car, I can never dry it 100% spot free without doing a QD wipedown after drying, plus it helps give it that extra bit of wow factor and slickness.

richy
05-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I agree with Geoff..I use either FK425 or AW as a drying agent while using the wwmf. It amps up the shine and keeps the surface as slick as possible.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
What is funny, reading on here and on the UK sites is that you guys do not QD when you dry! In the UK anyone who is detailing QDs the car after chasing off most of the water.

It helps for a few reasons, 1 traditional QD`s (not mini spray sealants) tend to help with drying by forcing the water of off the car. It lubricates the drying towel and also it adds a bit of zing to paintwork all in one go.

Also, if you get any falling pollen etc on the car while you are drying you have a bit of QD action going on reduce micro marring!

Back on topic with regard Ultima, you know i want to try that and i just know Z8 will complement it! :grinno: Anyone tried it?

Geoff

+1 using a QD as a dying aid is the main usage I have for my QD`s aside for a clay lube

Legacy
05-16-2008, 01:08 PM
I agree with Geoff..I use either FK425 or AW as a drying agent while using the wwmf. It amps up the shine and keeps the surface as slick as possible.

+1 I always QD after an ONR wash.

abbeysdad
05-16-2008, 01:39 PM
I`m an ONR convert, but I can often be found at the pay `n spray (especially in winter - 10 months outta the year!) to get the really bad stuff off. But the pay `n spray just doesn`t get some road grime off and there are spots, so I often come home and do an ONR QD (ONR @ 8oz/gal). Note: Most often in winter, pay `n spray is all she gets cause it`s just too cold!

Now I just had a thought...What if I sprayed the ride with my ONR (QD+ level mix) then sprayed at the pay `n spray...with it set on rinse???? No harsh soap and the ONR may do a better job anyway. May still need to QD, but I think I`ll try it.

abbeysdad
05-16-2008, 01:43 PM
+1 I always QD after an ONR wash.

If you ONR wash at QD+ strength, you`d kill two birds with one stone.

J.J.
05-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Now I just had a thought...What if I sprayed the ride with my ONR (QD+ level mix) then sprayed at the pay `n spray...with it set on rinse????

You will waste your ONR. I`ve tried it. Continue to pay and spray then ONR at home IMO.

abbeysdad
05-16-2008, 02:31 PM
You will waste your ONR. I`ve tried it. Continue to pay and spray then ONR at home IMO.just my nichol, but I was thinking it would be better than the high alkaline soap at the pay `n spray that likely strips the LSP much sooner, so ONR would be as or more effective and far less detrimental to the LSP.