PDA

View Full Version : Scholl concept`s - need opinions

Pages : [1] 2

BMW_M
05-15-2008, 09:46 AM
I tried some of these products and they are awesome, so I bought for my black metalic car some of these: S17, S30 and W06 wax.

I am curious: there is no user guide at Scholl website, but there is sheet with infos about each product. Compound S17 is rated 4/6 when talking about shine that gives, I want shine gloss 6/6 after polishing and that is W06 rate.

What is best option for me:

1. polish my car with medium S17 and apply W06 wax

2. use S17 and after that S30 and then wax

3. or just S30 for light swirls and wax cause I have loads of small swirls all over the car and I am not sure is S30 capable to remove them?

I also wanted to ask, Scholl S03 is comparable with Farecla G3?

Thanks guys:up

SuperBee364
05-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Never used this stuff. Anxious to see the replies, and your results.

BMW_M
05-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Never used this stuff. Anxious to see the replies, and your results.

Well, I used only S17, it`s superb, milion time better than 3M.

Pics will be posted up soon as I get my answers:p

Todd@RUPES
05-15-2008, 11:25 AM
I have talked to a few of the people who tested the products and would disagree strongly with your last statement.

BMW_M
05-15-2008, 11:56 AM
I have talked to a few of the people who tested the products and would disagree strongly with your last statement.

3M vs Scholl?

think 3M is better? Any prove?:D

porta
05-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Sorry for my late reply. If you have a black car I would finish with S30+ on a dark waffled pad.

TH0001: You should have test their new S3+ compound, it´s awsome. S17 is also upgraded as well as S40.

Todd@RUPES
05-15-2008, 12:44 PM
3M vs Scholl?

think 3M is better? Any prove?:D

I wouldn`t make my statement unless it was true. I am not going to mention names, but its not hard to figure out.

I`m not saying one way or another, and I personally only like 2 products from 3M, but I know a lot of people that tested teh Scholl Polishes where disappointed. I will reserve my judgement for myself.

Sorry for my late reply. If you have a black car I would finish with S30+ on a dark waffled pad.

TH0001: You should have test their new S3+ compound, it´s awsome. S17 is also upgraded as well as S40.

I wouldn`t even know where to buy them from?

BMW_M
05-15-2008, 01:50 PM

thanks man!

also wanted to ask, is this W06 wax good stuff?

Tomorow I`ll buy S03,S17,S30 and W06, should be enough for all my jobs

I suppose that 03 is capable to remove deeper scratches?

imported_Bence
05-15-2008, 05:29 PM
As Porta said, the new S17 has more gloss, the S40 is now easier to remove. I didn`t like the S02 that much but I`m curious how the new S03+ will perform. The S17 is an awesome compound. It works very quickly and effectively. As Scholl says, "it is designed to solve 90% of all paint issues under 15 seconds". For me it works very well, especially with wool.

imported_rydawg
05-15-2008, 09:29 PM
I was one of the US testers. (thanks to the special somone):chuckle:

I did use the S02, S17, S40 and they were ok. I did not care for the S02 that much at all. The S40 was a pain to remove and could not be worked in much and flashes off too quick for what I normally use my finish polishes for.

The S17 was the better product out of them all, but falls short in the competition with all the other great polishes out there from 3M, Menzerna, etc..

I would love to try the new versions from Scholl seeing that it looks like they fixed there tiny flaws.

porta
05-15-2008, 10:14 PM
thanks man!

also wanted to ask, is this W06 wax good stuff?

Tomorow I`ll buy S03,S17,S30 and W06, should be enough for all my jobs

I suppose that 03 is capable to remove deeper scratches?

S17 can also be used with a soft finishing pad. But S30 will finishes off better then S17.

I only have W09 and SW10 and they are average waxes. Their are better and cheaper products to use.

S03 is capable of remove deeper defects.

imported_Bence
05-16-2008, 06:25 AM
I agree. The waxes are average or a little bit better than average looks-wise, but their durability is subpar IME. They smell good though :)

Ryan, don`t forget that the polishes are used mainly in the manufacturing environment so their work time is shorter, not to slow the assembly line. Fine tuning the correct amounts and speeds vs. working time is essential when someone wants to learn the Scholl stuff. Apparently, the Audi Hungaria plant, the Suzuki Esztergom plant here in Hungary think that they are good enough to use them. BTW they make a couple of Swiss... products too.

BMW_M
05-16-2008, 10:33 AM
I am very pleased with S17, that stuff removes all small defects in just few passes, applyed by hand and polished out with cotton:up

I was at my store today asking for more S17 to finish one Mazda for my friend and took the last bottle of it, people are crazy about them. Also bought Scholl finishing microfiber cloth, not too much expensive.

I saw S40 in store but salesman said that 3M perfect-it III is better and farecla black top also so I didn`t want to buy since I have Black top already.

Anyway, curently I am using S02 for deeper scratches and bad paint, which is rare so I have only one tube with 250ml:D

S17 is awesome for everything and top product for me, even for a brand new car it`s very easily applied and easily goes off, finish after it is superb even rated by very good by Scholl. Wax W06 is also good, price is fair, in range of some other good waxes, so I will use it again, sure far better than previous Turtle wax:D

Buy Scholl it`s awesome really and it`s very nice to have one single compound for all jobs:waxing:

BMW_M
05-26-2008, 10:57 AM
I have one more question about W06 wax:

what kind of wax is it? synthetic? natural? carnauba?

and also in compare with other waxes how is it good/bad?

pirex
09-18-2008, 01:16 AM
I am using Scholl mutch now, and I must say I like them. I am a Menzerna man from before, and still use some menzerna.

S03+,S17, S30+ and S40 is some great products. They must have changed the S40, because its very easy to remove and you can work it for a long time. S17 flashes quicker, but its a blast to use. Also the new A15 is a great 1-step.

Many times I have had to reach for the Scholl bottles, when menzerna has been acting up.