PDA

View Full Version : Which LC pads do you use the most?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_gators241987
05-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Of all the LC pads, which ones do you use the most and at what speed?

uzj100
05-15-2008, 10:04 AM
White & black. Speeds of 1500 for polishing and finishing via Metabo rotary. For really fine finishing, blue pads same speed and a bit lower--1200, 900. Using with Menzerna SIP, 106 and 85RD.

HTH

SuperBee364
05-15-2008, 10:28 AM
6.5" LC Purple Foamed Wool. I`ve been doing 2 cars a week (which is quite a bit for me, since this is just a hobby) for the last 3 months, and there hasn`t been a car yet that I haven`t used the PFW on. It`s just such a versatile pad. Use it with a heavy cut compound for tons of correction and a nice finish, or use it with a medium weight polish, and you can go straight to your jeweling step after.

Envious Eric
05-15-2008, 10:38 AM
by PC - orange and white

byb rotary - blue and purple wool

Eisen Hulk
05-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Good to hear you`re having such great success with the PFW. I know you`re a Flex man, and I know this has been discussed numerous times before, but I`m wondering if I should even bother ordering a 6.5" & 3.5" PFW for my PC. Would it even be worth the money, even though it`s not much at all?

Thanks.

6.5" LC Purple Foamed Wool. I`ve been doing 2 cars a week (which is quite a bit for me, since this is just a hobby) for the last 3 months, and there hasn`t been a car yet that I haven`t used the PFW on. It`s just such a versatile pad. Use it with a heavy cut compound for tons of correction and a nice finish, or use it with a medium weight polish, and you can go straight to your jeweling step after.

SuperBee364
05-15-2008, 11:31 AM
I`m using the Flex 3403 rotary, not the DA. I`ve never used the PFW with a DA style machine. There`s been a few people that have said it works well, and others not so well, so I`m really not sure.

Kinda off topic, but since we`re talking about Flex for a sec.... I`ve had it for almost a month now, and it had been getting really hot. Not hot enough to go into thermal shutdown, but hot enough to make me concerned that my backing plate was going to melt. It was also getting hot enough to make it very difficult to remove my Edge 2k adaptor. Luckily, it seems that the heat was just part of the break in period. Using it eight hours straight now results in it just getting warm to the touch... So for you guys that just got/are planning on getting the 3403 rotary, don`t worry if it seems really hot. It`ll cool down after it`s broken in.

Eisen Hulk
05-15-2008, 11:33 AM
That`s right...you are using the 3403. :aww:

Well, it`s not I`m spending $100 for a pad or something ridiculous like that. I think I`ll order both, and report my findings. Thanks anyway, S.B.

I`m using the Flex 3403 rotary, not the DA. I`ve never used the PFW with a DA style machine. There`s been a few people that have said it works well, and others not so well, so I`m really not sure.

Bert
05-15-2008, 11:35 AM

I just don`t see how wool would work on a DA. I would think wool would need the rotating action of a rotary not the orbiting of a DA.

SuperBee364
05-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Same here, Bert31. I`m sure not brave enough to give it a shot.

Eisen Hulk
05-15-2008, 11:42 AM
No worries, guys. I shall BEE (Like that play on words, don`t you?) the Guinea Pig.

Envious Eric
05-15-2008, 12:28 PM
wool on PC just plain doesnt work well at all...Ive tried it...wool is for rotary only

i have done side by sides with the PC and orange pad and PC and PFW...the wool actually left the paint in worse condition than it started, while the orange cleaned it up a lot

Eisen Hulk
05-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Hmm....

Maybe this isn`t a good idea....

scary bill
05-15-2008, 01:42 PM
I use LC pads

By PC blue-LSP application / LP White- If I do use the PC to polish / LP orange mild correction

By rotary Purple Wool-correction for nasty stuff / 6.5" white foam most polishing / 6.5" blue finishishing

Eisen Hulk
05-15-2008, 02:11 PM
This is for Super Bee...I know he`ll be looking at this post.

I`m trying to PM you, but it says your inbox is full.

EH

SuperBee364
05-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Doh, sorry :) I`ll go clean up the PM box right now...