PDA

View Full Version : wax after glaze? Good/bad?

BMW_M
05-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Ok, I just purchased Scholl W06 silicone-free wax and Farecla black top glaze for my black BMW.

I was wondering, should I apply wax after glaze or before? And this w06 wax, I never worked with it before, does it need to complete dry off before removing?

Thanks for any advice

9935annivgt
05-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Place the wax on top of the glaze.

BMW_M
05-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Place the wax on top of the glaze.

will do that:2thumbs:

any tips on removing this type of glaze/wax? Let them dry out or not?

99blackSE
05-14-2008, 04:03 PM
There`s no instructions with the wax? Odd if there isn`t. P21S/PS I believe both say to wipe off before it flashes but I still let them sit for 15 minutes then wipe off. Collonite I let sit for 15-30 minutes as well. Depends on the wax I suppose.

What about cutting a panel in half, do one half wipe off before flashing, the other one let it sit and flash. Buff off, see if there is any difference (obviously durability you`d have to wait to find out).

BMW_M
05-15-2008, 04:15 PM
There`s no instructions with the wax? Odd if there isn`t. P21S/PS I believe both say to wipe off before it flashes but I still let them sit for 15 minutes then wipe off. Collonite I let sit for 15-30 minutes as well. Depends on the wax I suppose.

What about cutting a panel in half, do one half wipe off before flashing, the other one let it sit and flash. Buff off, see if there is any difference (obviously durability you`d have to wait to find out).

maybe I just put some glaze on, without wax