PDA

View Full Version : help please

fech
05-13-2008, 07:31 AM
I`m going to be waxing the car this weekend and had a question. Order is going to be Nano polish, Pinnacle cleanser, rmg, upp, natty`s blue. The question is how long do I wait between rmg, upp and natty`s blue? Thanks in advance

Accumulator
05-13-2008, 12:12 PM
fech- Far from answering your Q, I`ll ask you another one :o

Does UPP bond to RMG? It didn`t bond to some stuff I`ve tried it over, so now I always apply it to bare paint.

BTW, I`d hate to top UPP...the slickness is really special and on some paints it looks as good as anything I`ve tried (and that`s saying something).

fech
05-13-2008, 12:48 PM
I don`t know if it does or not. First time trying both. From what I read on the post here, it seems to be a popular combo.

VTechFan02
05-13-2008, 02:12 PM
First, let me say that I haven`t used either UPP or RMG but I do know that the general rule of thumb regarding sealants and glazes is that sealants won`t bond over an oil based/oily glaze such as RMG. However, you can use an acrylic type glaze such as DWG or Chemical Guy`s EZ which works well with mosts sealants.

If you are set on the RMG and UPP I would recommended applying UPP first, waiting at least 12 hrs to cure and then apply RMG. RMG on top will have little durability but it can then be topped by a nuba wax if you desire to make it`s looks last longer. Waxes can be used over any glaze without issues

-Frank

VroomVroom
05-13-2008, 04:09 PM
I had this question too, a couple of years ago. On Dwayne`s advice, I used UPP over RMG with good results. I also applied NB on top...but I did wait 24 hours first. That said, I have seen it reversed - RMG on top of UPP - and the instant gratification results were stunning. Accordingly, I think I`d take VTechFan02`s advice on this one.

The question I always have with glazes - what`s the reason for applying? In my case it was to fill in some remaining uglies and to add a bit of wetness. My over-two-year-old bottle of RMG is still nearly full, as is my newer bottle of FTG (impulse buy when I was going Menzerna happy).

havlykke
05-13-2008, 04:49 PM
I was told of 2 sealants that are able to bond to RMG - EX-P and UPP. So I tried UPP on top of RMG and loved the results. Absolutely no problems with bonding. The flake in my Flint Mica tC was exploding. I waited 24 hours after my UPP application to allow it to bond and then topped it with a layer of Natty`s Blue.....absolutely loved the combo! The Natty`s Blue added a real wetness and didn`t mute the flake at all...all this talking makes me want to go back to that combo this weekend! just always trying new things ya know....

fech
05-13-2008, 06:56 PM
That`s my problem. I just waxed this car a little bit ago and am already trying something different. I need help for my addiction.

Accumulator
05-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Interesting about the UPP bonding to RMG! Thanks for posting that, I never woulda thunk it.