PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Removal Problems

capt512
05-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

I am currently working on swirl removal on my 01 White Ford Crown Vic. I have detailed (including successful swirl and scratch removal) mutliple vehicles, but can`t get any progress on this car. Have spent over 30 minutes on 1 half of the hood, with no results. I am using an Edge 2k blue pad on a PC, and have tried both Mothers Powerpolish, and Megs Pro Fine Cut polish. I am using the PC with polishes at 5-6 with 5 dots of polish on the pad, and working at aprox. 1" per second, with multiple passes.

So any thoughts, or suggestions???

Legacy
05-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

I am currently working on swirl removal on my 01 White Ford Crown Vic. I have detailed (including successful swirl and scratch removal) mutliple vehicles, but can`t get any progress on this car. Have spent over 30 minutes on 1 half of the hood, with no results. I am using an Edge 2k blue pad on a PC, and have tried both Mothers Powerpolish, and Megs Pro Fine Cut polish. I am using the PC with polishes at 5-6 with 5 dots of polish on the pad, and working at aprox. 1" per second, with multiple passes.

So any thoughts, or suggestions???Not familiar with your polishes, but move up to a more aggressive pad.

jeteast99
05-12-2008, 11:41 PM
I agree, a blue pad on a PC will not do much. Try a green pad and move up if that does not work

capt512
05-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the quick replies guys. It had been a while since I had last used the 2k pads and had forgotten that the green pad was my swirl pad, not the blue pad. Using the green pad now with the Meguiars Pro Fine and am doing much better! Thanks!!:thx