PDA

View Full Version : Odor Bombs for tobacco Smell

mobiledetailkid
05-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Has any one tried the Odor bombs by Dakota Products for Tobacco Odors or there Non-Smoke product? Do they work well? I have searched the forums and have not found hardly any reviews by forum members.

Thanks Ahead

teck
05-12-2008, 06:50 PM
My uncle used some in his Caddy CTS two or three after he bought it used cant even tell it was ever smoked it one problem you may have some residue that just wipes of of interior parts nothing bad he said

imported_etml12
05-13-2008, 08:21 AM
I`ve had good results (customers always seem happy) the few times I used the Non-smoke and similar products. As El Camino mentioned, it does tend to leave a residue behind on vinyl and plastics. Even so, I still give all the interior surfaces (plastic, upholstered, etc) a thorough cleaning before application and then follow up with a quick wipe down to remove any residue.

It may be possible to cut out some cleaning of the plastics and vinyl prior to application but I think it is a safer bet to clean up as much as physically possible before application for best results.

mobiledetailkid
05-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the responses.

mose
05-13-2008, 11:03 AM
This is what I did.....

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/91436-water-spotted-smokers-accord.html

Jokeman
05-13-2008, 11:15 AM
I use the Non-Smoke in my truck. So far I am impressed with it. I just leave the truck running and put the A/C or Heat on recirculate, spray a little in the truck and let it run for about 10 or 15 minutes. Kills the smoke scent.

mose
05-13-2008, 11:36 AM
That sounds a heck of a lot easier than what I did!! :hairpull

salty
05-13-2008, 12:47 PM
I don`t recommend using the whole can as a total release, it is overkill and can damage the headliner.

Wipe clean all interior surfaces with APC and odor remover mix. Seats, carpet and headliner will hold most of the smell. Shampoo carpet and seats and damp MF wipe headliner with the odor remover, let dry do again. The headliner can be shampooed as a last resort.

I recommend 5-6 second sprays, let sit for at least an hour, done 3 times, after the interior is cleaned.

Ozone shock to start and finish, is an other way to go.

mobiledetailkid
05-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks Everyone again for all the helpful responses..

bwalker25
05-13-2008, 07:39 PM
I actually used this stuff once on my parents car, the orangish scent...It was VERY strong and my mom smokes and it totally killed the smoke smell! for pretty much a month after using it you couldn`t smell any thing but orange/citrus...great stuff imho...