PDA

View Full Version : Can`t get little black dots off the car

Nitrox
06-24-2003, 08:46 PM
92 Mustang, parked in my driveway under a tree. Tree left little black dots on the white paint, sap I guess. Washed with Dawn, won`t come off. There are a million of them all over the hatch area. What the hell can I use to get them off. I tried clay, no worky. About to buy a bottle of Softscrub this is driving me nuts. Yea yea I should have waxed more often.

Thanks for the help.

EBPcivicsi
06-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Go with the softscrub!!!:D :D

NO PLEASE DON"T!! Just get some vinegar, or some rubbing alcohol. That should do the trick. You could also try some 3M adhesive & wax remover. Good luck!

Softscrub...... :D that`s a good one!

Nitrox
06-24-2003, 08:52 PM
I`ve tried alcohol already and it didn`t do the trick. I can feel the tiny bumps, but nothing I`ve tried works so far. I have to get the new hood painted, so I was thinking about having the body shop detail the rest of the car for me.

Thanks for the tip. I will try the vinegar next. I read after doing a search that turpentine is also recommended, and the adhesive remover.

LandofAloha
06-25-2003, 12:02 AM
I just did a 79 eldorado with the same thing. I washed, clayed, used my PC with 3m swirl remover for white cars, Meg machine glaze, Meg sealant and 3 coats of medallion. All the spots came off after the pc. The clay took some but not all off. The car was in pretty bad shape too. I haven`t used the megs sealant but was pleased with the results on white....(I figured what better color to try it on but white?) :D Lots of sap bearing trees here in Hawaii...Not to mention it is Mango season.

Good Luck!

John

JimS
06-25-2003, 07:24 AM
Since all the wax is gone (you Dawn washed it off) I`d use Wax and Grease Remover. Get it from the body shop supply store.

DO NOT USE SOFT SCRUB.

Nitrox
06-25-2003, 11:28 AM
I`m a newb here, what`s a PC?

JimS
06-25-2003, 07:47 PM
Boy are you gunna get yelled at! A PC is a Porter Cable orbital polisher but the reason you`ll get yelled at is that there is a search function and many places to learn all about the terms that are being used.

Glad to have you aboard. I don`t mean to give you a hard time, just kidding about the getting yelled at stuff but you`ll make friends and gain their respect if you spend some time doing the reading.

Later JimS