PDA

View Full Version : -> Polish -> Glaze -> Sealant -> Nuba

Pages : [1] 2

alowe
05-12-2008, 01:13 PM
After I polish (NANO), I was thinking about glazing, then using a sealant (or reverse that), followed by a good nuba? How does that sound? Will I loose and pop?

phamkl
05-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Depends on the glaze. If you use DWG or CG EZ Creme then you can glaze before sealing. If you have DWG, though, I would seal, glaze, then nuba just to make sure my sealant sticks but CG EZ Creme has slight cleaning abilities so I would use that right after polishing.

If you`re using almost any other glaze (like 3M IHG or Meg`s #7) then you have to wait to glaze after the sealant.

budman3
05-12-2008, 02:56 PM
EZ Creme doesn`t have any cleaners in it anymore ... If you are looking for a glaze with cleaners, the new Poorboy`s glazes do. Alowe, your process looks good, as long as you don`t use a traditional oily glaze. The Poorboy`s and Chemical Guys glazes will work fine with sealants.

imported_JoshVette
05-12-2008, 02:57 PM
All those steps are overkill....

Using a nano or micro polish is like a glaze, then you`re going to glaze it again for what reason??

With a nano polish you will not remove much if any defects so you`re wasting time with that, then glazing will fill in and hide some defects. Anything on top of the glaze will only last as long as the glaze which is about 2 washes.

If it were me, depending on the condition, I`d polish it with something more aggressive then finish down with the nano polish, skip the glaze, rewash it, seal it and nuba if you must.

Josh

alowe
05-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Well I could also use SIP, NANO, Danase Paint sealant, then 845. Only asked about the glaze because I have some DWG.

phamkl
05-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Throw DWG on there at any time after polishing. So much of detailing is 90% subjective anyway so use it if you like.

IME, glazes don`t just fill in defects but will change the characteristics of the shine of the LSP.

alowe
05-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Does applying a sealant under carnuba change anything. I have a metallic gray color GTI MKV. Just want to know if the sealant may mute the sparkle carnuba will have?

VroomVroom
05-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I think you`re on the right track. The sealant will make the metallic pop. If you like it - and you will - apply a second light coat for durability. If you think it needs a bit of wetness, add the carnauba.

I agree about the use of a glaze, at least in my minimal experience. The first time I used RMG on a vehicle that wasn`t black, I was knocked out...it appeared to make the Audi red a little darker and a bit more wet.

Accumulator
05-14-2008, 09:38 AM
All those steps are overkill....

Exactly what I was thinking. I`d rather spend the time/effort/money on prep and just put one product on top of nicely polished paint.

If somebody`s a true expert at this stuff, and has a certain combo that works especially well on a given paint, well, that`s another matter. But *IMO* 99% of the time people oughta just polish and LSP and then concentrate on not marring the paint again.

Bert
05-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. I`d rather spend the time/effort/money on prep and just put one product on top of nicely polished paint.

If somebody`s a true expert at this stuff, and has a certain combo that works especially well on a given paint, well, that`s another matter. But *IMO* 99% of the time people oughta just polish and LSP and then concentrate on not marring the paint again.

Congrats on reaching 19,000 Accum.

Accumulator
05-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Congrats on reaching 19,000 Accum.

Note to self: less posting, more detailing :o

Bert
05-14-2008, 11:27 AM
EZ Creme doesn`t have any cleaners in it anymore .

Are you sure? When I was talking to their customer service, I asked that same question and they said it did.

Bert
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Note to self: less posting, more detailing :o

But you are the noob detailer professor, the noobs on here need your instruction.:chuckle:

budman3
05-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Are you sure? When I was talking to their customer service, I asked that same question and they said it did.

It doesn`t say anything about having cleaners on their site anymore ...

alowe
05-14-2008, 12:01 PM
So just polish and wax then, easy enough.