PDA

View Full Version : Before i apply a 2nd coat of sealant

Pages : [1] 2

sas71
05-12-2008, 10:37 AM
the car will have sat outside under the carport for the duration of cure time..im sure it will have a coating of something on it, dust/pollen etc. should i rinse it off, rewash it or spray with PB Spray/Wipe (only type QD product i have) ?

evan631
05-12-2008, 10:41 AM
I personally would rewash. But I`m no expert.

imported_weekendwarrior
05-12-2008, 10:55 AM
I would wash as well - especially this time of year.

Eliot Ness
05-12-2008, 11:07 AM
I`d also do a quick wash. Shouldn`t take that long since there isn`t any caked on road grime or tar to deal with. Do a flood rinse (remove the hose nozzle) and you won`t have much to dry either.

alowe
05-12-2008, 12:57 PM
I`d also do a quick wash. Shouldn`t take that long since there isn`t any caked on road grime or tar to deal with. Do a flood rinse (remove the hose nozzle) and you won`t have much to dry either.

Nice to know, I would maybe also do a half diluted car shampoo with water?

sas71
05-12-2008, 01:04 PM
thanks for the help

Accumulator
05-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Nice to know, I would maybe also do a half diluted car shampoo with water?

I`d be careful about over-diluting the shampoo for fear I`d compromise its lubricity.

Eisen Hulk
05-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Accumulator, I`m not trying to speak for you, but did you mean UNDER-diluting?

I`d be careful about over-diluting the shampoo for fear I`d compromise its lubricity.

Accumulator
05-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Accumulator, I`m not trying to speak for you, but did you mean UNDER-diluting?

Hmm... :think: No, I did mean to be careful about *over* diluting, as in, diluting it too much, making it too watery.

Maybe I worded that poorly...or maybe I misread what alowe really meant. I was sorta, uhm...interpreting what *I THOUGHT* that "half diluted" was supposed to mean and I might`ve gotten it wrong :nixweiss I thought alowe was considering doing a wash with a really weak shampoo mix.

Eisen Hulk
05-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Now that I look back at it, I think I was one who messed up. That`s what I get for opening my mouth.

My apologies.

Hmm... :think: No, I did mean to be careful about *over* diluting, as in, diluting it too much, making it too watery.

Maybe I worded that poorly...or maybe I misread what alowe really meant. I was sorta, uhm...interpreting what *I THOUGHT* that "half diluted" was supposed to mean and I might`ve gotten it wrong :nixweiss I thought alowe was considering doing a wash with a really weak shampoo mix.

SuperBee364
05-12-2008, 02:14 PM
You guys have half-diluted my brain now.

Eisen Hulk
05-12-2008, 02:17 PM
I always dilute that 4:1.

:nana:

You guys have half-diluted my brain now.

phamkl
05-12-2008, 02:18 PM
So.

Let`s just say...

Use the recommmended concentration of soap. If the LSP has fully cured then it should be impervious to most wash solutions mixed to the proper concentration and you won`t sacrifice lubricity risking swirls and whatnot.

Accumulator
05-12-2008, 02:22 PM
phamkl- Heh heh, yeah :xyxthumbs

Superbee364 & EisenHulk- Eh...this is from my having been a teacher; I sometimes suspect that things might be open to differing interpretations even when nobody else would think that :o

Eisen Hulk
05-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Agreed!!!!

Superbee364 & EisenHulk- Eh...this is from my having been a teacher; I sometimes suspect that things might be open to differing interpretations even when nobody else would think that :o