PDA

View Full Version : A couple tips, if you will...

JeffW
08-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Howdy! I`ve been reviewing the boards for a couple weeks and am amazed at the quality of work you`all do. WOW! There are soo many good products out there and I really don`t know where to start, although I am most interested in maintaining the best looking auto finishes in town! I am hoping to get some product recommendations for deep glossy shines and durability for my 3 autos - Metalic Dark Green SUV, Metalic Gray/Silver sedan, and Metalic Black truck, all late models with excellent paint quality (no chips, swirls, etc).

Please give me your 2 cents on which products and techniques you recommend for my cars. From what I`ve seen so far I am very interested in AIO, EX-P but don`t know if they are the best selections for my car colors.

Thanks!
JeffW

GregCavi
08-09-2005, 01:50 PM
AIO and EXP+ would most likely look good on your vehicle. I think it woudl definatlly give you some flake pop. I would however suggest AIO, EX, then top with nattys. YOu will of course want to clay all of the vehicles before you start.

Greg

matthiasj
08-09-2005, 10:15 PM
AIO and EXP+ would most likely look good on your vehicle. I think it woudl definatlly give you some flake pop. I would however suggest AIO, EX, then top with nattys. YOu will of course want to clay all of the vehicles before you start.

Greg

i`m with you man. If you got it, go over the car with an SSR1.

wytstang
08-10-2005, 05:49 PM
My .02 would be claybar/AIO/RMG/UPP (RMG=Clearkots-Red Machine Glaze/UPP=4 Stars-Ultimate Paint Protection). Use a mf hand pad using a too and fro motion (back and forth) AIO & RMG are both wipe on/wipe off products (apply and take off). Remove using quality mf towels cheap yet great and very plush towels can be had at www.wcdetail.com for 2.50 each. Good luck.

Jngrbrdman
08-10-2005, 07:31 PM
There are probably as many suggestions out there as there are members. :lol My personal suggestion would be to get the Wolfgang products. Of course, without knowing the condition of your paint it is really hard to give well informed recomendations on the rest of the process. www.ocdetails.com is my little site with enough of my opinion to choke a horse if you are interested in a read. :welcome to Detail City!