PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Intensive Polish & Final Polish???

Pages : [1] 2

technomafia
05-11-2008, 07:36 AM
whats the difference between these and the super intensive and the 106??? I dont see many people refer to them are they older products?? Im a little tight on cash and saw a package deal on these 2. I want to try these on my VW. Are the results still good??

Obsessive1
05-11-2008, 08:05 AM
I have the IP an FP. I believe they are the older products. They work great. Just because there older don`t mean that there not gonna do the same great job as they used to.

Bostonsfavson
05-11-2008, 08:26 AM
I have IP and FPII, which is a great combination. I`m not sure about regular FP though.

Junebug
05-11-2008, 08:36 AM
+1 on the IP and FPII, my favorite polishes!

Carbon Blue
05-11-2008, 11:05 AM
IP and FP are perfectly fine. THey work great on soft to medium clearcoats that are not ceramicleared. Though I do find myself using SIP much more often just because it works so much faster than IP.

detaildoc
05-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Love that combo. IP with Micro Polish is also a great combo. Micro Polish finishes with a bit more gloss.

jgatuslao
05-11-2008, 05:03 PM
whats the difference between these and the super intensive and the 106??? I dont see many people refer to them are they older products?? Im a little tight on cash and saw a package deal on these 2. I want to try these on my VW. Are the results still good??

Where did you see the package deal? How much?

SVR
05-11-2008, 06:53 PM

Obviously, 106 and SIP are for ceramiclear paints but also work on SS and older CC paints

Difference is a shorter working time with IP, IP has more bite sometimes but dusts much more than SIP

Finish is not as good as SIP on normal clears either

the old FP (FP1 87MC or 87MF) works magic on soft subaru paint where the SIP and 106 may be too sharp for them (found that in my testing recently)

FPII is a beautiful polish for soft paints as it works great at the 1200 to 1300 range, keeping the rpm below 1500 helps on soft and sticky clears such as 2004 to 2008 Subaru Impreza`s

Work out if your paint is soft, medium or hard and if medium to hard, SIP and 106 while being more expensive will give a superior gloss to IP and FP

85RD Finishing polish is even better than 106 in overall lustre (wetness, clarity and gloss)

bumoftheday
05-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Where did you see the package deal? How much?

I saw this package deal not long ago

Menzerna Get Acquainted Kit (http://www.properautocare.com/magetackit.html)

bryan
05-12-2008, 01:37 PM
I bought the same kit from Autogeek. They are both very good. The trick I found is keeping the pad moist while polishing. Also finishing up at around 1000 rpm seem to work very well for gloss. The main difference in the grit in the polish and the ability to polish Ceramiclear and harder finishes. For the most part they are great polishes.

imported_Chris223
05-13-2008, 09:30 PM
I`ve used SSR 2.5 before on my Pontiac with my PC, which apparently has the typical hard GM clear because even after working the polish it didn`t do much. It cleaned the paint up nicely, but there were still a lot of light scratches it didn`t take care of.

How`s the abrasiveness of IP compared to 2.5? Is IP A LOT more abrasive or around the same? I`m thinking about buying that Get Aquainted kit. I`d like to use the Menzerna on my car, my bro in laws 4 Runner, my Moms Suburban, and possibly my sisters brand new Accord... would IP and FPII be good for these 4 applications? I know GM clear is hard, but what about Honda and Toyota? Toyota is I think an `02 or something, and the Accord is brand new. Only reason I ask is because I`m still relatively new to the whole paint correction... am I just being overly worried?

drew.haynes
05-14-2008, 12:47 AM
The Accord is probably soft.. seems most Hondas are. I can`t say for sure on the newest ones. I just worked on my friend`s 02 Accord. We didn`t get 100% out.. but with only one pass on the whole car using a very mild polishing pad and DACP, we took out 80-90% of the swirls.

Alfisti
05-14-2008, 02:46 AM
How`s the abrasiveness of IP compared to 2.5? Is IP A LOT more abrasive or around the same?

Around the same...maybe a fraction less abrasive, but finishes out better.

Macruz19
05-14-2008, 05:09 AM
IP for me leaves a great finish on my paint. Love the shine, and I usually finish up with an AIO prior to putting an LSP.

imported_Chris223
05-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Around the same...maybe a fraction less abrasive, but finishes out better.

Wow seriously, I`ve tried finding the answer to this relentless without posting up a new thread that I knew nobody would reply in, lol, thank you so much for answering this.

I`ve used SSR`s before but my buddy has them and I can always borrow them but I don`t have any polish of my own and was really considering buying IP and FPII to use on a few family members cars that could use a good detail, mine included. The only thing I`m unsure of is using on Honda and Toyota paint which I guess is notoriously soft, not sure if the IP would be to much and maybe I should just use the FPII and an orange pad?