PDA

View Full Version : Have a UDM need compound/polish

HotDamnItsDavid
05-11-2008, 07:35 AM
I have a UDM and I need a compound/polish that is specifically for this machine. Meaning it`ll break down easier with the use of the UDM. I had used Poorboys before and it didn`t seem to do a good enough job at breaking down. Does anyone have any recommendations?

pampos
05-11-2008, 09:22 AM
How strong do you need that??Megs #83,SFX-1,Menz RD3.02 are the strongest you can use OK with UDM.They are about 6/10 cytting power.

Accumulator
05-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Disclaimer: I`ve never used a UDM

Considering how easily 1Z stuff breaks down by hand, I`d recommend something from them (as I almost always do).

The Ultra/Extra is pretty aggressive and their Intensiv (which I haven`t tried yet) is highly recommended by guys like Bence who`ve recommended it for use with non-rotary machines.

akoni
05-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I`ve only been using my PC for about month and right now my combo is Meg`s #83 w/ LC orange and/or Meg`s #80 w/ LC white. Haven`t really had to deal with major paint correction but #83 followed by #80 has seemed like a good combo when dealing with light to medium swirls. If I just need a good polish I usually go straight with #80 after my prep. #80 is relatively easy to breakdown, #83 can dry up quickly so you just have to work in a small area.

Bythehour
05-11-2008, 02:36 PM
#83 with LC Orange worked well on my buddy`s black Highlander last year. Started at about 4/5 and upped to 6/7 after two passes.