PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! PC With Edge 2000 pads What Products???

9935annivgt
05-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Guys I need help, I have a PC with edge 2000 pads on the way, I need to remove some swirls in my cars. I have a 2000 Honda prelude with some pretty good swirls and a 99 Mustang GT with light scratches and cobwebs (from cleaning at a show) they are both black. I also have to detail a neglected 05 Mustang convert. soon. I was looking at the sonus acrylic swirl remover but you guys have more knowledge than I have. I have all 5 pads coming so product/pad choice advice would be very appreciated. The Prelude is a daily driver and looking to just look good, the Mustang is a occasionall show car and needs to as close to flalesss as I can get it. Thanks guys. I want to use the PC until I get comfortable and then I will step up to a rotary.

White_07_G6_GT
05-11-2008, 08:00 AM
I`ve only tried my Edge pads with SIP and 106FF or if they aren`t too bad Optimum Poli-Seal. I was going to try SSR2 yesterday but didn`t need to as OPS fixed the problem with a more aggressive pad.

On bad finishes I`ll use a Green pad with the SIP then use a Blue with the 106.

I`ll use a white pad to finish with the OPS. If the car as light swirls and a quick job I`ll use a blue pad with the OPS if the white doesn`t cut it and then finish if needed with OPS on a white.

I`m doing all my work on a rotary except for topping with OPS thats always with my PC on a white pad.

I really like OPS because you can blast through a car, I did a 2007 CRV yesterday morning with lights swirls and only needed to hit the hood with the rotary and blue pad since the swirls and scratches were a bit deeper. Topped it with some EX-P and the owner gave me a $50 tip because it looked "Better than new". Total time inside and out was about 2.5hrs.