PDA

View Full Version : Who has layered DG105 ?

Fallz
05-09-2008, 11:23 PM
I`ve always done a 601/105 combo , them AW -or- a 601/105/111 combo then AW. wondered if you could layer the 105 with its cleaners or would that just be a waste of time ?

victory
05-09-2008, 11:40 PM
It is durable enough to be layered by hand over itself.

a.k.a. Patrick
05-10-2008, 12:14 AM
It is durable enough to be layered by hand over itself.

I find this a little contrary to its makeup.........

victory
05-10-2008, 05:43 AM
I find this a little contrary to its makeup.........

Just what I`ve read around here. You want the final word? Call them and ask for their chemist Jerry. Those who have done so said what i just did. give 24hrs between coats.

a.k.a. Patrick
05-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Just what I`ve read around here. You want the final word? Call them and ask for their chemist Jerry. Those who have done so said what i just did. give 24hrs between coats.

Oh geez I dont want to hear that. Ive called that company many a times about 105! Do a search! LOL..........

victory
05-10-2008, 09:27 AM
I did a search and that`s what i came up with. Are people getting conflicting information?

A search for "duragloss+layering" gets you this.

I just did 3 layers of 105...one each day....came out real nice...

The chemist Jerry said 24 hours between layers for optimal cure and crosslinking..

but, if you`ve recently come across conflicting info, let us know so more people don`t waste their time.

Mindflux
05-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Being that 105 has cleaners in it I think it would be highly unlikely to be able to layer it.

*Edit: The post above seems to say differently, though. Starting to sound more and more like Zaino. :Geezx

citizen arcane
05-10-2008, 12:19 PM
When I researched 105 through this site prior to buying and using (for the last year) there were lots of questioning its cleaning characteristics and layering. Those who spoke to Jerry went on to say the cleaners were mild and were intended to remove decaying LSPs and is able to layer upon itself and others. It has been suggested to use 111 to layer as it has no cleaners.

Me, I never worried about it. I just layered waiting 24 hours applying both by hand as I thought this wouldn`t activate the cleaners as much as applying w/ machine. Since my DD is subjected to cruel and unusual punishment when I park it at work and it`s so darn easy to apply - I just reapply every 6 weeks or so and don`t worry about it.

victory
05-10-2008, 01:21 PM
When I researched 105 through this site prior to buying and using (for the last year) there were lots of questioning its cleaning characteristics and layering. Those who spoke to Jerry went on to say the cleaners were mild and were intended to remove decaying LSPs and is able to layer upon itself and others.

Yeah, that`s exactly what i remember reading before i bought the stuff too. I`d like to hear back from Patrick though since he`s a pro on this board. I`d love to know if I`ve been wasting my time layering this stuff.

Suki22
05-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I`ve always done a 601/105 combo , them AW -or- a 601/105/111 combo then AW. wondered if you could layer the 105 with its cleaners or would that just be a waste of time ?

I have layered 105 ......12 hours between layers.It came out nice....but after 3 weeks I topped it with meguires 26...........:getdown

a.k.a. Patrick
05-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Vic, its stands to reason that any product with a cleaner built in, will remove a portion of whatever it is your putting it on. To define layering, at least in my world, is applying a distinguishing amount of additional protection (product) atop another.

I think what you guys are actually performing is just applying several applications, vs. an actual level of protection.

I agree with #111 though, as it does not contain a significant amount of cleaning ability at all. That would be a product, one could "layer", and attain additional levels of protection (to a limit).

victory
05-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks. I really haven`t used 105 for much but one step wash and waxes for a while as my car has been getting some higher end products. But that`s good to know before I spend time putting extra coats on my buddies cars.