PDA

View Full Version : I`m going nuts with aquawax

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gopher
05-09-2008, 07:53 PM
I finally bought into the hype and picked up a bottle of AW. To say I`ve been impressed would be an understatement.... I`ve flat out gone nuts with it!

So far I`ve AW`ed my household sinks, mirrors, stainless appliances, garbage cans, my humidor, TVs... shoot! I even wax my fiancee`s glasses.

What other wacky uses have you guys found for the stuff? I`m restraining myself now from the urge to wax the toilets (we`ll see how good it beads!)

citizen arcane
05-09-2008, 08:17 PM
What other wacky uses have you guys found for the stuff?

Uh...cars? :grinno:

Junebug
05-09-2008, 08:27 PM
I like the smell of AW, but it always makes me want a pina colada after detailng.

victory
05-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Any polished material is game. I got a gallon of it. I find myself using it a lot on other peoples cars. Like when family members are like "hey, can you wash my car?". Give it a hit with aquawax when i finish and they`re always like "WOW! what did you do!?" They should see what I can do with a buffer and polish.

I don`t know what it is about it, but it seems to enhance the looks of everything it touches. light, dark, metallic, non metallic, topping sealant or nuba.

Oh and i love the smell...almost as much as i love the price.

They have a lot of other excellent products too. I also use their QD, car wash, tire and mat dressing, glass polish, 105, leather conditioner

Fallz
05-09-2008, 11:18 PM
I use a lot of their different products and have not found one I have not been impressed with. It`s 12:30 AM here and I`m wide awake and might just go through a coat on.

kh765
05-09-2008, 11:31 PM
I wasn`t really expecting to be that impressed after using it for the first time this week. I have to say though, I really like it. I don`t like the smell though. One of the only detailing products I really just don`t care for the smell at all.

Bigpoppa3346
05-10-2008, 05:41 AM
I remember being hugely impressed the first time I used it (which was around the time it was the talk of the town around here...June 06`), but once I started using it more I became less and less impressed with it.

I didn`t like how it would sorta kill the beading of the product under it (IME), and the looks were only on par with that of a good QD.

These days I am more impressed with OCW.

victory
05-10-2008, 05:58 AM
Interesting, i`ve always found the beading to be on par with anything, but i`ll take your suggestion and give OCW a shot when the gallon of AW runs out. In the meantime, i`m quite satisfied.

Setec Astronomy
05-10-2008, 06:09 AM
I remember being hugely impressed the first time I used it (which was around the time it was the talk of the town around here...June 06`), but once I started using it more I became less and less impressed with it.

Same thing happened to me...I dunno if it`s mob psychology and self-hypnosis or what. At least with UQD I was never impressed with it from the get-go.

wannafbody
05-10-2008, 07:50 AM
AW is a very good product for a somewhat OTC product. There are some other products that will edge it out in looks.

CleanGSR
05-10-2008, 08:07 AM

I didn`t like how it would sorta kill the beading of the product under it (IME), and the looks were only on par with that of a good QD.

I noticed the same thing about beading. I first did M21 followed by AW. The car sheeting water so well that my black car drove through 3 thunderstorms over a week and sheeting clean....literally it looked like I had just washed it a day ago. After the next wash I hit it with AW again and ever since, the car doesn`t sheet very well and the beading on the horizontal panels are is very large and not very impressive.

That said, the look is really amazing, but I`m going to limit the amount I use it. I was using it after every wash or so and ended up with around 4-5 coats. Car was ridiculously wet looking, but almost fake....don`t know how to explain. 1 or 2 coats max give an incredible wetness though.

Suki22
05-10-2008, 01:59 PM

I use AW after washes and find it to be wet looking and the beading is fine. Is the OCW you are impressed with the newer version?

BigAl3
05-10-2008, 03:00 PM
AW is a great and will be one of those products that will be in my arsenal for quite some time... :up

Bigpoppa3346
05-10-2008, 04:09 PM
I`m using the old OCW. Now, OCW doesn`t bead all that well either but it is a nice refresher to an LSP that is on the way out.

I dunno about AW, when I used it over 845 (1 or 2 month old application, can`t remember) it just seemed to kill the beading/slickness that I otherwise would have gotten with it in the coming washes.

abbeysdad
05-10-2008, 07:06 PM
I`m very pleased with DG AW and continue to use it after a couple of years - just on the cars though!