PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO + Collinite 845...need info.

evan631
05-08-2008, 10:35 AM
So i have finally received my AIO and Colinite 845. I plan to get this done as soon as the pollen and other little leafy things stop falling from the trees...probably a few weeks.

Anyhow... any suggestions for applying these products to my Acura - Carbon Gray that gets parked under trees.

Of course the car will be washed and dried previously. I will apply the AIO using a damp MF applicator. And buffed off with a MF towel/buff cloth. The bottle says to not let it dry...wipe on, wipe off-no drying. Anyone feel different about that. I know do to small sections at a time.

When it comes to the Collinite...apply with the MF applicator. Should i use a QD product on the applicator? Let dry to a haze and wipe off with a MF towel/buff cloth. I plan to do several thin layers of the Collinite...probably two layers. They will probably done 1 week apart, maybe a bit less depending on my schedule.

Do you guys have any recommendations? And should i use a QD during the application of the Collinite.

Looking forward to sharing my results.

imported_smprince1
05-08-2008, 10:41 AM
You`ve selected a great combo IMO ... great look, very durable, and very easy.

The AIO I like to do the whole car and then come back and remove residue because I find it easier than stopping to remove residue as I go. Apply it very thin, a little goes a long way and work it into the paint.

The 845 is also very easy to apply ... shake the bottle 3 times as long as you think you should and it will become very thin. Over AIO, it will spread very, very thin and a little will go a long long way.

I would not use a QD with either product for 2 reasons .... 1) I would be afraid of contaminating/affecting the integrity of each product and 2) it is absolutely unnecessary with the products you`ve selected.

As yo can tell .... THIN is my theme advice.

imported_etml12
05-08-2008, 10:42 AM
If you allow KAIO to flash off it will be difficult to buff off the haze. Allowing it to haze serves no benefit and in fact, will increase the likelihood of inducing marring.

As for applying 845, there shouldn`t be any need for a QD. The product has a very oily feel to it and spreads very easily.

evan631
05-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks to both of you! And hopefully i will post some photos..during the process, and after.

99blackSE
05-08-2008, 04:54 PM
For Klasse SG I mist the app using distilled water but for KAIO I don`t. 845IW shouldn`t need any assistance either.