PDA

View Full Version : Holy dusting polish... Video...

charlesaferg
05-07-2008, 03:35 PM
YouTube - Learning to polish2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-WvDuN6xc&feature=related)

:brit

You silly UKers.

"Pffdffth all over the bonnet" lol

Just watch, he angles the pad to, IMO a dangerous angle - and it dusts like crazy - I think some of that is the pad destroying itself because of the angle he`s put it at.

SuperBee364
05-07-2008, 03:40 PM
O.M.G. That was truly painful to watch. I hate to criticize, but that video was truly everything you *don`t* want to do with a rotary. If he didn`t leave serious buffer trails and holograms I would truly be amazed. And the angle he tilted it when close to the edge of the "bonnet"... very lucky he didn`t burn through. And get that *&^*& cord over your shoulder!

charlesaferg
05-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Seriously...

Looks like he was using one of those freebie orange low profile pads on a rotary for serious cutting, how frightening! :cry:

imported_paradigm
05-07-2008, 03:59 PM
no worries...that isn`t dusting, it`s just the clear getting shaved off from the angle he is using. LOL :eek:

imported_Picus
05-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Keeps me in business.

dmw2692004
05-07-2008, 04:07 PM
wooowwwaaa weee waa.

abbeysdad
05-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I think most of that was sling (instead of dust) because of the angle. Why do you figure he angled the rotary that way...I spoke like he knew a thing or two, then invalidated it all with a lousy technique. Hopefully the product he used didn`t have any real cut to it.

imported_Denzil
05-07-2008, 06:45 PM
That was horrible. Pretty much the whole time he was polishing, the pad wasn`t flat with the car`s surface. :nono

imported_shine
05-07-2008, 07:23 PM
The pad is suppose to be used flat against the paint?? Who would have thought...

:rules:

LukesInn
05-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Amazing how he thinks hes using a right technique when really puting the paint at risk.

SVR
05-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Yes I`ve seen this video before, why put the pad at such an angle

I`ve seen worse but thats not how you polish a car

charlesaferg
05-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Remember guys, it will not coot. Becohws it`s not the pad doing the cooting. :brit

Yea yea, I`ll probably get the usual retort of... "it`s not an accent, it`s just how it`s `supposed` to be pronounced."

I`ve heard it all before, but it`s still comical.

This is almost as bad as those expert village guys, like the old guy who recommends using acid on the wheels while holding himself up by placing his dirty glove on the hood, and tells viewers to pressure wash the engine bay...

Ron Harris
05-08-2008, 06:07 AM
Any one know where I can pick up one of those jump suits he is wearing?:D

SuperBee364
05-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Remember guys, it will not coot. Becohws it`s not the pad doing the cooting. :brit

Yea yea, I`ll probably get the usual retort of... "it`s not an accent, it`s just how it`s `supposed` to be pronounced."

I`ve heard it all before, but it`s still comical.

This is almost as bad as those expert village guys, like the old guy who recommends using acid on the wheels while holding himself up by placing his dirty glove on the hood, and tells viewers to pressure wash the engine bay...

Those videos were so painful I never made it all the way through them