PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss AW over Zaino Z2

wmphipps
05-06-2008, 09:58 AM
I recently purchased a slightly used Chysler Crossfire Coupe - Silver Blue Metallic. I did the whole Zaino drill(Dawn,Clay, Z-2 X4 layers,Z6 between layers). On a whim I topped the Zaino with Duragloss AW and am very pleased with the results. It seemed to enhance the shine and slickness better than the Z6. I am wondering what will happen if I add more Zaino Z2. I will try it soon and see what happens. Has anyone out there in forum land experimented with other Zaino toppings?

richy
05-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I have used the Z18 (I think that`s it..their detailing spray..Grand Finale) over DG 105 and AW combo..it was nice as well. As long as the product is meant for being put over polymers, you shouldn`t have a problem.

Shuskan3
05-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I have used the Z18 (I think that`s it..their detailing spray..Grand Finale) over DG 105 and AW combo..it was nice as well. As long as the product is meant for being put over polymers, you shouldn`t have a problem.

I believe the one you are referring to is Z8. ;)

wfedwar
05-09-2008, 06:11 PM
I like Z8 better than AW. In my experience, AW will gradually darken the color, while Z8 doesn`t seem to do this. If that`s not something you mind, then go ahead with the AW. I like Z8 as a topper, though I have largely switched to Werkstat AJ as a sealant.

wannafbody
05-09-2008, 10:17 PM
I think CS would bond better over AW than Z2pro. Z8 is quite good looking as well.

wfedwar
05-10-2008, 07:11 AM
I think CS would bond better over AW than Z2pro.

I think I know what you meant, but you may want to clarify this. You mean you think CS on top of AW is better than Z2 on top of AW?

wannafbody
05-10-2008, 07:44 AM
I think I know what you meant, but you may want to clarify this. You mean you think CS on top of AW is better than Z2 on top of AW?

I believe so. I think CS is more compatible with other products.