PDA

View Full Version : Is there a coupon code for coastal tools? "BMW"?

Gopher
05-06-2008, 08:53 AM
I read in a thread here that there was a coupon code "BMW" for 10% off orders at coastal tools, but am unable to re-locate the thread.

Is this information accurate? I called coastal tool today and the chick on the phone had no idea what I was talking about. It was posted around 4/28, so its a recent post, but I can`t find it for the life of me.

imported_dirtdiggler
05-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Hello

That was me.. i tried when i placed my online order, but there wasn`t a spot for coupon code. i would suggest to call them and see if they offer the code.

Thanks

Gopher
05-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks Dirt. I did try calling this morning and the lady had no idea what I was talking about with the code. I`m still tempted to order the Makita rotary bundle there though...

abbeysdad
05-06-2008, 11:12 AM
$169 looks like a good price.

imported_dirtdiggler
05-06-2008, 12:00 PM
That`s where i ordered mine.. 8.50 shippingUPS. Shipped nicely bubblewrapped and you can track the order.

Gopher
05-06-2008, 01:22 PM
quick question so I have an idea of what my expenses will be: Does the "hook and loop" pad that comes with the Makita on coastal tools satisfy my needs to use with meguiars/lake country pads? Or will I need a different plate? I have a porter cable will those plates work?

imported_dirtdiggler
05-07-2008, 05:44 AM
The Makita hook and loop pad measures at 6.5 diameter exactly. My LC CCS fits a bit over the 6.5, but beware if you miss and hit a panel. I wil probably buy the Mequiars backing plate, once i figure out what`s a good size. maybe someone can answer that.

thanks