PDA

View Full Version : Bad wipers? dirty glass?

xmx250
05-06-2008, 08:38 AM
I wanna get some new wipers for my moms car which is a few years old.

problem is that when you use the wipers they dont wipe the water squeaky clean, it almost seems like all the wipers do is smear the water all over the glass. So its always glarey and hard to see when its raining.

Do you guys think the problem is in the wipers? or in both the wipers and the glass? is there anything i should be cleaning the glass with?

Roishe Cheng
05-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Clay the windshield first.

Then I would wash it with soapy water, dry it off and clean it with STONERS glass cleaner and a MF cloth.

Also clean the wiper rubber with a soft cloth and some degreaser.

Try the wipers then.

If still smearing then your wiper rubber is probably just old and needs replacing.

FYI, I do use UPGP on my windshield, works amazingly well.

xmx250
05-06-2008, 08:54 AM
okay thanks for the advice

i`ll look into claying it,then getting new wipers.

Does anyone know where i can find out what size/type of wipers a car uses? its a acura TL the previous version

3puttjay
05-06-2008, 08:57 AM
If you go to autozone or wal-mart they have a little computer by the wiper blades. Just punch in your car`s year, make, and model and it will tell you what type and size of wiper you need. Did you check your owner`s manual, because the wiper blade size is in there.

Roishe Cheng
05-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Just use this site to find out the size.

Other Products - Valeo ULTIMATE Wiper Blades (Top-Lock - Gen I) (http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/valeo/top_lock.jsp)

I recommend SILBLADES.

wiper blades, installation, auto, DIY, do it yourself, how to install, instructions, automotive from SSP Companies (http://www.silblade.com)

If you need wipers in a hurry, locally then Bosch MicroEdge Excels are good too.

victory
05-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Bosch Icons or similar i`ve found to be excellent. Polishing the windshield helps immeasurably as well. I`ve been using duragloss rain repel on my glass as well, and it`s a rainx like product, but WOWA (no smearing), safe if you get some on the paint, and lasts an incredible amount of time.

Also, 303`s wiper blade treatment...good stuff.

quakerroatmeal
05-06-2008, 09:18 AM
You really could just look at your wipers to see how much rubber the blade has left. Mines was shot and was almost down to bare metal of the wipers, replacing it was a ridiculous night and day difference now I love driving in the rain.

BigJimZ28
05-06-2008, 10:05 AM
You really could just look at your wipers to see how much rubber the blade has left. Mines was shot and was almost down to bare metal of the wipers, replacing it was a ridiculous night and day difference now I love driving in the rain.

WOW... I always replace mine before you could ever see a difference

in them .you owe it to everyone else on the roads to be able to see

08StangGT
05-06-2008, 02:07 PM
And wait until you see what metal wiper arm rubbing back and forth does to a windshield...

XMX250, I have a 99 TL. The driver side and the passenger side use different sizes (lengths). Also, the original arms use narrow refills. It is almost impossible to find refills anymore though; more money to be made selling you an entire wiper arm every year!