PDA

View Full Version : Removing UPGP

Gemini13
05-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Outside of using PPP what have you guys used to remove UPGP?? I wanted to polish my hood again and I made three passes with OP/G110/yellow sonus pad and it didn`t seem to remove as it was still slick and none of the marring was removed. I used this combo on a portion of my Explorer (still working on it) and it worked great. I think I was able to remove some of it with Opt Power Clean APC but I`m not positive as I didn`t try to polish it again.

Legacy
05-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Outside of using PPP what have you guys used to remove UPGP?? I wanted to polish my hood again and I made three passes with OP/G110/yellow sonus pad and it didn`t seem to remove as it was still slick and none of the marring was removed. I used this combo on a portion of my Explorer (still working on it) and it worked great. I think I was able to remove some of it with Opt Power Clean APC but I`m not positive as I didn`t try to polish it again.

UPGP is a wipe on, walk away sealant, no need to remove.

Gemini13
05-05-2008, 12:57 PM
UPGP is a wipe on, walk away sealant, no need to remove.

LOL. I know what it is. I polished my hood, then used PPP and then applied UPGP. I`ve done half my Explorer (due to time constraints and such...) and noticed some surface marring as well as some buffer trails (Rotary newb...). I wanted to re polish my hood and OP with a yellow sfx pad with speed 6 on a G110 would not remove the UPGP.

In other words I want to strip the product off.

Legacy
05-05-2008, 01:20 PM
LOL. I know what it is. I polished my hood, then used PPP and then applied UPGP. I`ve done half my Explorer (due to time constraints and such...) and noticed some surface marring as well as some buffer trails (Rotary newb...). I wanted to re polish my hood and OP with a yellow sfx pad with speed 6 on a G110 would not remove the UPGP.

In other words I want to strip the product off.

Sorry, misread your post. Must be a durable sealant if OP could not remove it. Do you have and Menz polish. I would think SIP or 106ff would remove it.

imported_etml12
05-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Gemini, how about a wipe down with prep-sol (or something similar) and then hit it with your polish of choice.

Gemini13
05-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Gemini, how about a wipe down with prep-sol (or something similar) and then hit it with your polish of choice.

I was going to try an IPA wide down. Can prep-sol be purchased OTC?

Legacy
05-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I was going to try an IPA wide down. Can prep-sol be purchased OTC?

I believe they have a smiliar product at Walmart.

Gemini13
05-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Sorry, misread your post. Must be a durable sealant if OP could not remove it. Do you have and Menz polish. I would think SIP or 106ff would remove it.

I only have System One and OP at the moment and three AIO`s (UPPP, Poli-Seal and XMT360). Just getting started with this stuff so my supplies are limited.

Gemini13
05-05-2008, 02:03 PM
I believe they have a smiliar product at Walmart.

Do you know the name or department it would be solid in?

Legacy
05-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Product at Walmart is called Prep-All by Klean Strip. It`s a wax and grease remover and can be found in the paint & body section.

Legacy
05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
BTW I haven`t tried this product out, so do a test spot first.

Gemini13
05-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Well the IPA wipe down did the trick. Then busted out the rotary and system one 6" pad with OP. First wool, then foam. Then UPPP with G110 and white Sonus SFX pad fallowed by one coat of UPGP. Turned out great.

Thats already pollen/dust in the second pic. Never mind the polish residue on the cowl in the first pic. :D System one polish splatters like a mofo (or it was me). Second time around with OP hardly any splatter.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/Gemini1378/073.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/Gemini1378/072.jpg

Legacy
05-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Nice reflections!

Gemini13
05-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Nice reflections!

Thanks. From the time it took me to clean up and get the camera the hood was cover in pollen. LOL

Shuskan3
05-05-2008, 09:55 PM
First shot of the hood looks STUNNING!