PDA

View Full Version : PC newbies lessons learned

victory
05-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, i`m relatively new to machine polishing and am taking a short break off of detailing my sisters car. She`s been in europe for 6 months and i figured i`d give her a surprise when she gets back. I do have ulterior motives however, as i wanted to try all my new products and if i can`t get it perfect, no biggie, since my sister would be happy with a coat of 20 year old turtle wax.

Now, my sister is rough on her car, last time i detailed it she took the front end off on a guardrail. Anyway, using an orange CCS pad and XMT 3, i`m getting pretty good improvement (XMT 360 on white did almost nothing so i stepped it up). Swirls are for the most part vanquished with only the worst of them and some RDS remaining. The paint looks lsp ready.

Here`s what i`m taking away from this learning experiance. If your using a PC, don`t be afraid of aggressive products. If i really wanted to make this paint perfect, I should have probably got myself some compound (like XMT 4) and a yellow pad. I have a feeling this is a common newbie mistake.