PDA

View Full Version : Curb Rash

lexusgs
05-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I have a set of Lexus L tuned rims which are really OZ Superturismo rims of my Lexus GS430. I looked on the OZ site and it said the color is bright silver or light silver. I have curb rash on 2 of them and wanted to try repairing them myself but I do not have the proper spray to spray the rims nor have I found what is the exact color code or paint OZ uses. I emailed OZ and tire rack and they would not answer my question, OZ claimed they did not even know what they used to paint their own rims. Does anybody know how to get that information or has anybody restored a silver OZ rim. I know you can get a spray for silver German car rims but I have not seen one for OZ rims.

David Fermani
05-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I`d take it to a wheel repair company and have them do it. They will be able to do a perfect color match. It only costs $110-120 per wheel.

Can you post some good close up pictures of the damage?

LICamaro85
05-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Is the paint just scuffed/rubbed off? Or is there damage to the aluminum wheel itself.

I agree with Dave that if there is any damage to bring it to a wheel repair shop. For 100 bucks a wheel they fixed my BBS wheels on one of my GLI`s. This wheel was so bad it looked like a half moon, after I hit a pothole that was prob 10inches deep on the Cross Bronx in NY. They can really do some amazing things to damaged wheels and you will never ever be able to tell which wheel was the damaged one if you bring it to a good shop.

lexusgs
05-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Is the paint just scuffed/rubbed off? Or is there damage to the aluminum wheel itself.

I agree with Dave that if there is any damage to bring it to a wheel repair shop. For 100 bucks a wheel they fixed my BBS wheels on one of my GLI`s. This wheel was so bad it looked like a half moon, after I hit a pothole that was prob 10inches deep on the Cross Bronx in NY. They can really do some amazing things to damaged wheels and you will never ever be able to tell which wheel was the damaged one if you bring it to a good shop.

The damage is not really that bad, just some scrapes that from far away appear dark grey on a silver rim. I do not want to pay $100 per wheel just to repair a couple scratches and I would much rather address it myself even if it does not end as nice a shop might do. The damage occurred when parking on the street in the city and rubbing up against the curb slowly. Unfortunately it is likely to happen again one of these days as I go into the city alot when on the east coast so I would much rather do the repair myself then to keep paying hundreds of dollars just to repair scratches on my rims. I generally enjoy doing things like that myself too.