PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

bonfire
05-04-2008, 10:47 AM
The problem I am having is that after it rains the water beads up really nicely but then does not run off so when the sun comes out I am now faced with water spots. Even when I drive some of the water will run off but most of it stays. I wash the truck every other week and wax at least every other month. In between washes I use a quick detailer. I have had to find myself going out after it rains to dry the truck so the water spots do not form. Is there a step I am missing or something that I am doing wrong?

I use Meguiars products

Smooth surface clay kit

gold class shampoo and conditioner

dry with a nice shammey

wax with NXT generation tech 2.0 paste wax all by hand

then in between I use the quick detailer

Thanks,

Bonfire

Accumulator
05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
bonfire- Some LSPs shed dirt/resist spotting better than others, but IME if the vehicle`s dirty and it gets rained on, you`re gonna get some spotting/etc. no matter what.

Best thing you can do is keep the finish smooth and slick. Dunno how well the NXT sheds dirt, but waxes like Collinite seem to do it very well.

abbeysdad
05-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Into every life a little rain must fall...

I honestly think that if you`re living in the real world (or your car is) you have to expect that it`s gonna get dusty and when it rains, it`s gonna bead and the water & dust will create spots.

Accept it or keep it out of the rain. The big thing is that you keep a good LSP on there to protect the finish - then just relax and let it rain.

bonfire
05-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think I might have to try another wax because the water just seems to stick to the truck rather than rolling off.

imported_sal329
05-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I used NXT 2.0 last month on my Accord. I have washed the car 2x since then and have used Meg QD 2x. Every other day I use a microfiber duster to dust the car. The rain still beads and runs off the car as well.