PDA

View Full Version : Dropped a pad. Would you use it?

Pages : [1] 2

snowskate
05-02-2008, 03:52 PM
I dropped a pad on the ground briefly recently. No major dirt, etc was on it, but I want to know: can it be saved by washing it as normal / should I put some extra work into cleaning it / or is it a loss and just replace it? (there may be a super fine grain of sand in it that could secretly be doing damage)

FYI: I did not continue using it once it fell....

Mindflux
05-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I`d re-use it after a thorough cleaning.

mrgoochio
05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I`d probably do the same

BlueLibby04
05-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Depends on the type of ground you dropped it on. Kinda clean concrete, pure dirt, grass??? If it doesnt look like its got dirt all in the fibers I would give it a good cleaning and inspect it throughly before using if I was going to.

Ever heard of the 5second rule? :chuckle:

BigAl3
05-02-2008, 06:09 PM
brush off as much as you can, then thoroughly clean it (use a toothbrush & soap/apc and clean the surface), and then soak it in a bucket for a while and re-agitate it some more, before washing it one last time. should be good to go after that. better safe than sorry is what i say...

Gopher
05-02-2008, 08:34 PM
definitely, man. More abrasives make the job easier!

seriously though, yeah. Just clean that sucker properly and you`ll be fine.

Chris@Optimum
05-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Through it in the washer and never give it another thought. The foam`s so dense it will release with agitation. I`ve been using foaming carpet cleaner on my wash media and pads lately and they look like new.

Rob Tomlin
05-02-2008, 11:31 PM
If it was clay that you dropped, you would get very different answers!

:soscared:

fergnation
05-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Drop the darn things all the time. Just wash it and get back at it.

Never thought about using foaming carpet cleaner. Better stock up. New idea, time to spend some more money.

Envious Eric
05-03-2008, 12:39 AM
just reuse it...throw it in the washer and dryer and have at it...I do it all the time and my pads are fine...

Gopher
05-03-2008, 04:02 PM
just reuse it...throw it in the washer and dryer and have at it...I do it all the time and my pads are fine...

Do you guys actually machine dry your pads? I typically wring all the water out I can after cleaning them then put them on my pc, highest speed and let the water get flashed out. From there they dry out nicely in the sun.

imported_Picus
05-03-2008, 05:12 PM
I machine dry pads. I have like...hundreds, never an issue with machine drying.

Chris@Optimum
05-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I use the washer if I can`t get to them soon after the job. I`d never use the dryer unless the heat was off. I`m afraid it would melt the adhesive. And believe it or not Walmart brand foaming carpet cleaner works very well. I just spray it on and rub it in, then rinse. No scrubbing at all.

Rob Tomlin
05-03-2008, 07:12 PM
I machine dry pads. I have like...hundreds, never an issue with machine drying.

Wow, I never would have thought putting them in the dryer would be safe...

BigAl3
05-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Wow, I never would have thought putting them in the dryer would be safe...

when i get done washing my pads, i swing out as much water out as possible and then lay them on the grit guard to dry... :up