PDA

View Full Version : what to use on uncleared paint? (pic)

8Banger
05-01-2008, 07:30 PM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/SVTBill/Picture019.jpg

sorry, i forgot to point it out in the picture, im talking about the red paint inside the engine bay that isn`t cleared.

what can i use to clean it?

what can i use to polish it?

what can i use to protect it?

what can i use to shine it?

im thinking either optimum power clean @ 10:1 or sg apc # 3:1

then meg`s HD @ 10:1 for shine

but that leaves polishing, if it will even do anything, and that leaves protection.

plus im kinda weary about putting trim dressing on the paint. but in the picture you can see a little spot where i accidentally got some on there and it made it shiny

thanks for the input guys! :bigups

corythecarguy
05-01-2008, 08:02 PM
That actually isn`t paint in there . It is red sealer . Most car companies skimp a little here , they will either use a body colored sealer , or just basecoat with no clear . You can clean it with your choice of cleaner and then use a water based dressing on it for a little bit of sheen . You could also try quick detailer .

Cory

8Banger
05-01-2008, 08:08 PM
yeah the water based meg`s hd was all i could find that would give it any kind of shine. thanks for the tip. the bullits and prety much any mustang with a higher package than the gt has a cc`d engine bay...but not me :(

anyone else?

David Fermani
05-01-2008, 08:43 PM
That actually isn`t paint in there . It is red sealer . Most car companies skimp a little here , they will either use a body colored sealer , or just basecoat with no clear .

Huh? Sealer? Are you referring to bare E-coating? That`s definately paint (single stage) in the engine compartment on this Mustang.