PDA

View Full Version : Found beading wax, now looking for sheeting wax

irsankao
05-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Supposed the car is prepped well.

I`m looking for waxes and sealants that will sheet water instead bead.

After watching utube and researched here I found several waxes that fall into this category:

1. Zymol vintage

2. Zymol concours

3. PB Natty blue

4. Duragloss 105

5. Dodo juice

6. 1Z glanz wax

7. PB EXP

8. FK 1000 (maybe ?)

To conclude I am looking for long lasting, good protection wax & sealant, and sheet water.

The wax and sealants should sheet as much water as possible during rains so only small amount of droplets sit after the rain, hence very light water spots build up.

Can anyone confirm these and probably add more?

Thanks.

imported_Blake
05-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Best product I can recall for sheeting is NXT.2. Water sheets readily off of it. Version 2 also has some decent durability.

My experience with Natty`s Blue is that it beads water.

ducktail
05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
I thought the new NXT 2.0 beads and the original NXT sheets after a while. Note : I havent tried 2.0 - yet

NSXTASY
05-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I never understood this dichotomy of beading and sheeting.

IMO, they are one in the same, its a matter of how the water hits the paint and the angle of the surface.

A fine mist on a surface beads, a constant gentle flow sheets.

Wolf-Strong
05-01-2008, 11:06 PM
More surface tension on the paint means that the water has less crevasses and pores to `catch` onto, meaning the water will cling to itself, which is beading. Now, the higher the surface tension on the paint, the less the water can cling to it, meaning a greater ability to sheet off the paint.

kkjv1
05-01-2008, 11:52 PM
...IMO, they are one in the same, its a matter of how the water hits the paint and the angle of the surface.

This is true in my experience (DG105, NXT2, 1z Glanz). When it rains, mists or fogs, water beads tightly. When i wash and use free flowing water from the hose, it sheets nicely.

Mark77
05-02-2008, 12:34 AM
I`m with NSXTASY on this one. I can make the water sheet or bead with any wax it all depends on how the water hits. And I haven`t found NXT 2.0 to be any different than i.e UPP.

mborner
05-02-2008, 08:18 AM

IMO, they are one in the same, its a matter of how the water hits the paint and the angle of the surface.

So true. I thought I was the only one that thought this way. :bigups Beading? Sheeting? What`s the difference?

abbeysdad
05-02-2008, 09:18 AM

IMO, they are one in the same, its a matter of how the water hits the paint and the angle of the surface. A fine mist on a surface beads, a constant gentle flow sheets.

Well said.

phamkl
05-02-2008, 09:28 PM
I disagree. When I use Collinite 476S and flow some water down it, some will remain and the remainder forms numerous tight beads. When I do the same with my Blackfire WD AFPP, a lot less water remains and what does doesn`t really leave tight beads so much as a few large droplets.

But I do think there`s a gradation between a beader and a sheeter and no definite distinguishing point.

imported_Picus
05-02-2008, 09:35 PM
But I do think there`s a gradation between a beader and a sheeter and no definite distinguishing point.

I agree. :xyxthumbs

imported_Dave1
05-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Everything beads when it sprinkles outside.....Wax or sealants.

phamkl
05-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Everything beads and everything sheets. It`s just that some do one more than the other or vice versa.

GP guy
05-05-2008, 10:26 PM
:d +2 ^^^^^

JonP
05-06-2008, 08:11 AM
This is just one more option to give to our clients. Like the old days in the grocery store, paper or plastic? Now you can ask, would you like your wax beading or sheeting? :lol