PDA

View Full Version : black paint, many many chips on hood

darkRide
04-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Hope this is the right forum to post this... I`ll give it a shot since a lot of you guys examine many cars daily.

I keep finding every other day new pin head size "scratches" specially on the hood. They`re white little dots. I can feel them when moving my finger over so they`re marks on the paint.

My car is only 7 months old. I did a detail with clearkote waxes and PC 2 weeks ago and I keep finding new "chips" even today.

What do you guys think?

Macruz19
04-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Maybe drive slower, and follow traffic at a distance... or even don`t even take the highways, or avoid construction. Your car is only 7 months old. I would of invested in a clear bra before leaving the dealer lot.

Best bet is having a repaint. Some would like to consider touch up paint, but it will never look perfect the way it was. Good luck.

Zspectrum
04-30-2008, 09:22 PM
The problem is with hard objects hitting a relatively soft object. The only real option you have is a repaint and a clear bra to keep it from happening. You could also use touch up paint and then wetsand it to get it as close as possible. But it wont be perfect in all likely hood.

jedovaty
04-30-2008, 10:05 PM
similar with my car - I bought it used, had the hood and bumper repainted, and within 6 months it was littered in these little white chips. A friend of mine said the clear was too hard and brittle, probably improperly cured? *shrug*

I drive freeways that are actually quite clean and almost traffic free (toll road in so cal), so I`m rarely tailgating.

darkRide
05-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Thinking about it, it might be related to all the highway construction I have to go through on my way to work for the past 3 weeks. It`s gonna be like that all summer.

I`m goint to check out a hood deflector this evening at the car dealer. I`ll put it on at least temporarily for the summer.