PDA

View Full Version : Klasse or Collinite

Pages : [1] 2

gm319
04-30-2008, 01:04 PM
I have a new silver mazda with no apparent paint problems. I do keep it outside where it gets hit with pollen, dust, etc. Should I use klasse all in one and Klasse Sealant Glaze or Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion and Collinite 845 to get the best paint protection?

wfedwar
04-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I don`t care for Collinite only because it`s a little difficult to use compared to some of the other options available. I like Klasse on silver. Werkstat AJ is like a more modernized Klasse that looks even better IMO. If you haven`t purchased anything yet, I`d encourage you to look into that option. For maximum durability, I think the best option is Zaino, but it doesn`t look quite as good IMO and takes more time in the initial application (especially if you layer it as recommended).

imported_dirtdiggler
04-30-2008, 01:25 PM
i`ve tried Klasse and Collonite 845 and 476 and collonite is easier to apply and remove and more durable with one coat. you can purchase collonite 845 at any advance auto parts. Klasse is nice on silver, but you need to add layers to acheive results. I also noticed that the lighter the paint, the more difficult to see the haze to buff out.

3puttjay
04-30-2008, 01:38 PM
You have to remember to apply collinite waxes in very,very,very thin layers. Once its done this way it comes off easy plus it doesn`t stain trim. If you apply it too thick, just wait until your next car wash session and it will come off easily while drying your car.

BigAl3
04-30-2008, 02:12 PM
just to point out... harbor freight carries collinite 845 & 476 for $12.99 each...

CptMidway
04-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Collinite - same (if not a little better) protection, wipes off easily and is 13 bucks.

netspec
04-30-2008, 02:31 PM
845 looks great on silver!:bigups As some the others have stated, thin application is the key to easy removal.

imported_Surfer
04-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Agree, Collinite 845 and 915 are easy to use, the other post doesn`t make sense...if anything SG is a pain in the butt with how finicky it is and it has sorta stale look anyway. Depending on temp/humidity one day it can be normal and the next like spray liquid cement on your paint when trying to buff it. SG is best used in a small mister bottle. Collinite 845 rocks on silver :cool:

wfedwar
04-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Agree, Collinite 845 and 915 are easy to use, the other post doesn`t make sense...if anything SG is a pain in the butt with how finicky it is and it has sorta stale look anyway.

You were probably referring to my post, but I never said that Klasse was easy to use. Instead, I recommended Werkstat, which is chemically similar, cheaper, better looking, and easier to use. For maximum durability I`d use Zaino, Werkstat, or Collinite. They`re all good.

Gopher
04-30-2008, 09:34 PM
maybe I`m sloppy, but I found 845 to remove extremely easily when I used it last weekend....

until 3 days later when after some rain I found a ton of missed wax residue everywhere. I definitely think I slopped on too much, and next application I`ll be using a finishing pad on my PC in the shade to better gauge how much I put on my silver car.

3puttjay
05-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Look up accumulator`s posts on collinite. He gives good advice on its use and application. Heck if you read enough, you`ll get his opinion on everything.

Accumulator
05-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Look up accumulator`s posts on collinite. He gives good advice on its use and application. Heck if you read enough, you`ll get his opinion on everything.

Heh heh, and my opinion on everything is way too much information :D

On the Collinite vs. KSG, I`d recommend Collinite even though I use KSG on our silver Mazda MPV. The KSG looks much better on Mazda silver than it does on some others (including Audi silver, it just plain *works* on the Mazda paint for some reason), but I really think that most people would be happier/better off going with the Collinite.

If you do go with the KSG, get at least three layers on there (24 hours apart), and I shoot for six myself.

Easier to just do one or two applications of the Collinite though, and IMO it`d be even *better* protected against the soft of stuff that zn outside car goes through. I used Collinite on *my* outdoor cars and it worked great.

phamkl
05-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Accumulator, do you have a thread specifically on Collinite application? Searching for "Accumulator" and "Collinite" is kind of like narrowing a search to all males named "John."

Accumulator
05-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Accumulator, do you have a thread specifically on Collinite application?

I dunno, I`ve posted about it before but no idea how to find it :nixweiss

I apply 476S with a damp applicator and 845 with a dry one. I let both dry until they`ll pass the "finger swipe test", although I`ll sometimes use W-O-W-O when applying to plastic trim. Apply *thin*.

SuperBee364
05-01-2008, 01:47 PM
There are several Accumulator threads I can no longer find that I wish were bookmarked or subscribed. Several of which really should be stickies. His "dislodge and flush" method of car washing should definitely be stickied and put in the hall of fame. His Collinite thread should be, too.