PDA

View Full Version : Accidental Glass Cleaning Tip

ricka
04-30-2008, 05:19 AM
After removing my registration sticker from the inside of the windshield I used some DG 501 to take off the remaining adhesive. Once done, I realized how smooth the glass from the 501 compared to the rest of the glass. So, figured why not do the rest of the windshield? Used a 4" orange pad and polishing pal. Amazing is all I can say. Extremely smooth and CRYSTAL clear. Then spritzed a little Invisible Glass on a MF to remove any remaining dust. I`ve done the outside windshield the same way with similar results.

You could probably use any AIO but don`t use something like OP as it`s tough to remove the residue (tried it on the outside windshield once). Just put on extremely thin. Also, probably shouldn`t do the inside back window as I`m not sure if it`ll damage the de-fogger wires--not to mention the glass tint film.

quakerroatmeal
04-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Probably should not have used it on the tint. I`m not positively sure though. There`s an article on here that uses Autoglym Glass Polish and Cleaner for glass, and they recommended Plexus for windows with tint.

Autoglym Glass Polish & Cleaner (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ag-4325.html)