PDA

View Full Version : The Absorber

Pages : [1] 2

evan631
04-29-2008, 10:33 PM
I am surprised i haven`t seen anyone mention it here. It seems pretty good to be...but I`m new to this whole thing.

To dry my car, i found something called the Absorber. Not sure where i got it from, but seems to work great.

It is basically a rubber towel that absorbs a tremendous amount of water. The only draw back is you have to wring it out frequently.

What i like about it is that if there is a stain of some sort that didn`t come out in the initial wash, you can basically erase it with a little more pressure.

Anyone else try this product? What you think?

Remember...I`m a newbie at this! So go easy on me if this product is a disaster, and i haven`t seen that yet!

AdrienneAlejandra
04-29-2008, 11:05 PM
i think everyone`s been there, done that. we are all changing to waffle weave towels.

JonP
04-29-2008, 11:21 PM
yep, been there, done that, a long time ago. I still have a couple of them that I no longer use. I have a box full of 20x40 waffle weave towels that I use for drying. They work so much better than the Absorber.

WashCrazy
04-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Had an Absorber many years back. Got my first Waffle Weave in the mail today since everyone seems to love them.

BigAl3
04-30-2008, 12:41 AM
I am surprised i haven`t seen anyone mention it here. It seems pretty good to be...but I`m new to this whole thing.

To dry my car, i found something called the Absorber. Not sure where i got it from, but seems to work great.

It is basically a rubber towel that absorbs a tremendous amount of water. The only draw back is you have to wring it out frequently.

What i like about it is that if there is a stain of some sort that didn`t come out in the initial wash, you can basically erase it with a little more pressure.

Anyone else try this product? What you think?

Remember...I`m a newbie at this! So go easy on me if this product is a disaster, and i haven`t seen that yet!

the reason for many not using the absorber is because there is no nap in the material, so any dirt/contamination that gets onto it, will get dragged around thus scratching the paint (some use it to blot dry). try using a high quality waffle weave microfiber towel (has little pockets in them/pictured below) and you`ll find not only that it`s softer/gentler, but also does a good job of absorbing water as well...

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autopia_1997_509884

also... to reduce drying lots of water off the surface off the vehicle, try using just the hose (no nozzle) and sheeting off as much of the water (starting from the top) off. see video below...

here`s a good example... YouTube - Adams Polishes: Washing The Car (DVD Volume 5) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=SB0nU8i4AcE)

jtford95
04-30-2008, 03:41 AM
I have one and I still use it.

Thomas Dekany
04-30-2008, 07:27 AM
I use it as well. Good stuff.

evan631
04-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Well i purchased one of those Waffle MicroFiber towels, and I like it a lot! Does an excellent job. I will continue to use it!!!!

Great suggestion!

Zspectrum
04-30-2008, 09:21 PM
waffle weaves ftmfgdw!!

evan631
04-30-2008, 09:27 PM
waffle weaves ftmfgdw!!

ftmfgdw ..... what the heck is this acronym?

BigAl3
04-30-2008, 09:33 PM

i`m guessing... "for the mf`ing gawd dayum win " :nixweiss

RIDDLE
04-30-2008, 09:34 PM

it means he likes it a lot. add me to the list of WW users! (i still have my absorber though)

Zspectrum
04-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Yep you got it right. I also have an absorber, but I feel there is less change of marring with the ww.

abbeysdad
04-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Just my two cents... I think waffle weave towels are great, especially for polish and LSP removal. But the super absorbant materials like the Absorber, Super Shammy or Zorbeez are hands down more absorbant and better at removing water IF you`re doing a wet wash.

Now having said this, I migrated to ONR washes so water removal is nearly unimportant.

swest
04-30-2008, 10:09 PM
The Absorber is awesome... I have two of them, and the only complaint I have about it is it sometimes leaves some streaking... althogh this is minimal. Anything left behind by the Absorber I gets caught in the clay bar anyway... :)