PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Strategy - Eco Friendly Detailing?

Pages : [1] 2

todd@bsaw
04-29-2008, 06:26 PM
With the way the trends and economy have been swinging, "Eco-Friendly" seems like a power term. Hybrids, alternative fuels, water conservation, saving the O-zone... all of this is not only being conscious of our world, but a great marketing tool.

Have any detailers tried marketing toward this demographic? :think2

You could market that the chemicals you use are bio-degradable and safe for the environment (as opposed to those used in high-volume tunnel washes) and an ONR wash as less water use than a couple toilet flushes as opposed to the XXX gallons used in an automatic wash or even your own driveway with a hose.

"Clean the environment while we clean your car!" ?

Ideas? Comments? Suggestions? A song, perhaps?

I had even considered the possibility of driving a Prius for mobile detailing while adding a few extra batteries and turning it into a gigantic inverter for my power tools.

Driven Auto Detail
04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Todd,

I started promoting "Green Detailing" this spring. It`s easy to do since I use all Optimum products (they are all eco-friendly). Actually, my last newsletter that went out was a "green" version to coincide with Earth Day:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee25/DrivenAutoDetail/Miscellaneous/DeM042108.jpg

By the way, this is my wife`s creation. She does all my marketing/advertising.

jimmybuffit
04-30-2008, 04:51 AM
Think about using "Harvested Rainwater, a Sustainable Resource."

(Credit to Steve Okun)

imported_themightytimmah
04-30-2008, 08:01 AM

(Credit to Steve Okun)

:LOLOL Nice one Jimmy

Setec Astronomy
04-30-2008, 08:07 AM
You could use Poorboy`s products, one day when I was looking at their forum they noted that all the Poorboy`s products are green, whatever that means.

BuffMe
04-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Personally, I don`t think it`s a lucrative strategy unless you are in an area with water consumption issues or very strict environmental waste issues. IME, 95% of people who want a detail couldn`t care less what products you use as long as it comes out looking good and they feel like they got what they paid for. Consider how many of your clients drive hybrids or cars that are meant to be good, or better, for the environment, then decide if it would be worth it to market the new strategy in your area.

charlesaferg
04-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Personally, I don`t think it`s a lucrative strategy unless you are in an area with water consumption issues or very strict environmental waste issues. IME, 95% of people who want a detail couldn`t care less what products you use as long as it comes out looking good and they feel like they got what they paid for. Consider how many of your clients drive hybrids or cars that are meant to be good, or better, for the environment, then decide if it would be worth it to market the new strategy in your area.

Indeed...

Portland, OR.

(Need I say more?)

My clients have come to expect it.

:usa

(Credit to Steve Okun)

Ha, out here I`d have to try hard to use the amount of water I`d be collecting.

stilez
04-30-2008, 02:11 PM
mshu7: Kudos, that looks awesome. My fiancee has been on a huge "green" kick. I have been getting pressure from all sides, but doing my part does feel good.

Driven Auto Detail
04-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks G35! We`ve started doing a few green things at home as well. Actually, that is kinda how I got the idea for operating a "green" business. You`re right, doing what you can does make you feel better.

DaGonz
04-30-2008, 02:45 PM
:xyxthumbs Kudos to Mrs. mshu7.. awesome work!

Driven Auto Detail
04-30-2008, 02:47 PM
I will pass the message along to her DaGonz! Having a graphic designer for a wife has saved me a ton of time & money.

awahl63
04-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Definitely looks amazing Mike!

Scottwax
04-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Here in the Dallas area, aside from a few hippies, there really isn`t a "green" trend here. However, occasionally we have drought conditions and when I update my website next, it will make mention of using ONR to conserve water.

Driven Auto Detail
04-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks Andrew!

imported_Picus
04-30-2008, 06:28 PM
I made a flier that had a picture of me pouring wheel brightener into a storm sewer? You`re saying this is a bad idea? :p