PDA

View Full Version : Bug Remover

9935annivgt
04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Guys I need help, I live in NC and the bugs are horrible at night and early morning, what is the best bur remover product in your opinion? what is the best method for removal? I am currentlt using Harley Davidson bug remover and the yellow (looks like it tears up your paint but does`nt) sponge. Is there anything better out there?

Jscort98
04-29-2008, 03:17 PM
I use the pinnacle bug remover on my car and it works great.

Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad can be used on glass, chrome, vinyl, fiberglass, paint and clearcoats—100% safe when used with soapy water. (http://www.autogeek.net/pinsafscrub.html)

Old Pirate
04-29-2008, 04:45 PM
I been using Poorboy`s World Bug Squash all the time and haven`t had any problems with it.

Macruz19
04-29-2008, 06:07 PM
I simply use ONR, Z-6. If you have a fresh coat of wax or sealant, they will come right off once water hits it.

imported_weekendwarrior
04-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Guys I need help, I live in NC and the bugs are horrible at night and early morning, what is the best bur remover product in your opinion? what is the best method for removal? I am currentlt using Harley Davidson bug remover and the yellow (looks like it tears up your paint but does`nt) sponge. Is there anything better out there?

Where are you at in NC? I typically always have a good coat of wax or sealant on my car. If I have a lot of bugs on the front end, I will spray the front end with a quick detailer, and let that soak into the bugs for a bit. Then, I go ahead and do a normal wash. I typically use a sheepskin mitt, but do have a couple of microfiber mitts that I use on bugs that the sheepskin mitt won`t scrub off. This method works for me.

If there is anything the method above won`t get off, I clay the front end, and reapply a coat of wax or sealant.

SuperBee364
04-29-2008, 06:42 PM
I simply use ONR, Z-6. If you have a fresh coat of wax or sealant, they will come right off once water hits it.

+1.

And if a normal wash won`t remove it, I use fine clay, then re-apply LSP to the area clayed. Although if a bug is sticking well enough to have to use clay to remove it, I`d make time to re-apply an LSP over the whole car so they won`t stick anymore.

bumoftheday
04-29-2008, 06:46 PM
You guys have never dealt with love bugs, have you? I wouldn`t trust ONR to take off love bugs.

I use PB Bug Squash and the Pinnacle Safe Scrub and it works great.

SuperBee364
04-29-2008, 06:55 PM
We don`t have love bugs here... all I know about them is from what people post here about them. Guess they`re pretty bad, eh?

Macruz19
04-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Speaking of bugs... I saw one love bug today. Oh Sh*T. They are about to multiply and swarm any day now!

Good thing I applied Z-5 and Z-CS on the car today. Washing should be a breeze for a few weeks.

KnuckleBuckett
04-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Love bug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_bug)

Jscort98
04-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Speaking of bugs... I saw one love bug today. Oh Sh*T. They are about to multiply and swarm any day now!

Good thing I applied Z-5 and Z-CS on the car today. Washing should be a breeze for a few weeks.

ya I just saw one today too. At least ill be outta school to take care of the car.

JonP
04-29-2008, 11:48 PM
I keep the front of my car well waxed so a pressure washer will be about all I need to get the bugs off. For the more stubborn bugs, I just use a good APC and PW then re apply wax to that area.

Macruz19
04-30-2008, 05:51 AM
Since I have a clear bra, I have to constantly keep the bugs off, or it will stain the film. Doesn`t take long now since I have ONR, and plenty of Z-6 to top it off :)