PDA

View Full Version : Should I List Prices on flyers?

04yfz
04-29-2008, 01:17 PM
With the summer approaching I`ll have much more time to detail so I was thinking of making up some flyers, designing them on photoshop and having them printed by one of the online print sites. Anyway I was wondering if I should list my pricing on the flyers? If I list the prices I feel some people may dismiss me before I even have a chance to sell myself. But at the same time I won`t get calls for people expecting a full detail for $50 dollars. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

brwill2005
04-29-2008, 01:42 PM
I do not list prices on my advertising materials. I would, however, list your packages and include a coupon for each. Use a dollar amount as opposed to a percentage. The coupon is a call to action. When they call, you can choose to discuss the prices of the packages.

Envious Eric
04-29-2008, 03:23 PM
I agree with brad...I have done both, and received more calls from the flyer with no pricing on it. The one with the pricing as STARTING pricing got me into a little trouble with those who called and were looking for a deal..."well it says starting at 140, why are you telling me its more?" some people just cant grasp the idea a suburban will cost more than a miata...

imported_Detailing Technology
04-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Only list price if price is what sells your work.

azifukare
04-29-2008, 03:46 PM
the key to flyer advertising is to only flyer cars you want. . . . back in 1988 when I first opened my shop i spent one week rollerblading in parking lots that allowed me to put flyers out (alot of property management will not allow this practice now) but just thinking about it reminds me how many of those customers I captured I still service . . .I would survey the surrounding shops including the dealers and @ least have a starting point for services but make sure it is high enough an then some because it is easier to lower the price than raise it. . . as long as you have the detailing chops, make sure you make your service seem exclusive and you won`t be dealing with lower end cars or negociators. . . most wealthy individuals do not mind paying full price for excellent service

04yfz
04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks for all the responses so far, general consensus seems to be to not list prices.

I do not list prices on my advertising materials. I would, however, list your packages and include a coupon for each. Use a dollar amount as opposed to a percentage. The coupon is a call to action. When they call, you can choose to discuss the prices of the packages.

I also like this idea about a coupon for a package. I`m trying to focus more on high quality work at a slight premium versus ok work with a high volume of cars. Ideally I`d like to do a car a day for 5-6 days a week.

If anyone else has suggestions I`d love to hear them also.

jayjacque
04-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Throw in just another 1 and 1/2 cents. I`ve got some flyer experience, howbeit for some other stuff, but it applies. Tailor the flyer for who you`re targeting. If you`re gonna circulate them in the ritziest neighborhood in town, skip pricing and coupon altogether. Instead make the flyer as high class as possible, high quality of paper, perfect looking picture(s), even to look more like a brochure. Choose your words carefully to express the extra care that you`re going to take with their automobile. That`s primarily what upper crust people are interested in. A coupon may seem cheap & second rate to them. But if realistically you need more of the volume regular joe mobiles, then coupon or a free something or other for a limited time works.

imported_themightytimmah
04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
I`d highly recommend against it - like a buddy of mine says, whoever mentions price first in a negotiation loses.

BigAl3
04-29-2008, 09:49 PM
if you list your prices up front without seeing the vehicle(s) you could end up under cutting yourself if there is more involved...

bunkeroo26
04-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Yes, just to echo the other replies, I would suggest against listing prices on a flyer.

I doubt that you are looking for the customers that are going to argue on a ten dollar difference that some other detail place charges. You do not want the price shoppers, as those people really don`t want to pay what a good detail is worth.

A 25 dollar or 50 dollar off coupon is very enticing to new customers.

Just try to make it sound like :

If they don`t take advantage of this deal, in a timely fashion, they will be missing out!

Goodluck