PDA

View Full Version : First time using SSR2 with random orbital polisher

coladuna
08-07-2005, 02:39 AM
I bought a random orbital polisher today and tried applying SSR2 to try and get rid of huge scratches I have on my car.
It worked a treat and seems to have got rid of the scratches although I`ll have to reserve my judgment until I can see it in direct sunlight tommorow afternoon.
I have a couple of questions though.
After I was done with applying SSR2, I saw what looked like buff marks, which gave me a real fright. I gave it a quick polish with Poorboy`s Professional Polish and it got rid of it easily. Is this normal or am I applying too much pressure or what?

Second question is, I really want to take some before and after photos to make a comparison, but it`s next to impossible to get the swirls to show up in photos. Do you have to take the photo in direct sunlight to be able to see it?
Could someone please advise me of what settings to use? thanks

Big Leegr
08-07-2005, 07:38 AM
The buff marks may be residue left over. to be sure, use a shot of S+W instead of PP and see if the are removed that way. If they remain, but are removed with PP, then you may not be breaking down the SSR enough. Try working it a little longer with lighter pressure at the end.
As to the pic, well, as I`ve never posted any (technology and all that... :( ) I`m not sure, but I would imagine that you`d need to have the proper angle and enough light (in the sun) for them to show, but not in so much light as to have so much glare that you can`t see anything but the light.

GregCavi
08-07-2005, 03:01 PM
I have found the ssrs do leave buff marks. I just follow up with a lighter polish and its fixed. As to catching swirls on your camera try being right in the sunlight. Also if you have large garage lights then sometime you can catch them. I have to take about 6 pics in my garage to capture one good swirl photo.

Greg