PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions about products

gm319
04-28-2008, 06:56 AM
I just found this website a few days ago and have been reading the guides and posts. I couldn`t (didn`t want) to wait to order online so I went to the local advance auto and bought a few items. I have a 2008 Mazda 5 in silver that I want to keep in good shape and also an older GMC Jimmy in white. Please critique my product choices and let me know what else I should purchase.

Mirage Microfiber towels MG155

Meguiars Smooth SurfaceTM Clay Kit G1016

Meguiars Gold Class shampoo

Meguiars Liquid Wax: NXT GenerationTM Tech Wax G12718

Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer G13616

Mirage WASH MITT LAMBS WOOL MG13596253

Thanks!

willtothewong
04-28-2008, 07:02 AM
i have never heard of Mirage but i can tell you that many people like Meg`s gold class shampoo. If you can land some Meg`s NXT 2.0 wax, that`d be "better"

but so far so good dude

have fun

imported_smprince1
04-28-2008, 08:05 AM
List looks good so far.

What I would comment is that prep work on the paint really makes older finishes come back to life. If you`ve got oxidation, swirls, etc. then a good polish step and compound prior to that if needed would make the paint look new again if it`s showing some age.

Bunky
04-28-2008, 08:09 AM
i have never heard of Mirage but i can tell you that many people like Meg`s gold class shampoo. If you can land some Meg`s NXT 2.0 wax, that`d be "better"

but so far so good dude

have fun

The Mirage brand around here is Advance Auto`s private in house brand. The Mirage wool wash mitt (not the synthetic one) is quite nice. Quite a few resell this type.

gm319
04-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Can you recommend a specific brand/product for the polish and compound step?