PDA

View Full Version : Do you enjoy working with crud?

jayjacque
04-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey all,

While I was attempting to clean some really caked in crud off my wife`s alloy wheels this weekend, couple that with an icky thread going these last few days about showing some of your worst looking interiors (whilst I put off my own icky interior one more week). A strange thought suddenly occurred to me that some detailers might actually enjoy cleaning the worst looking crud. Why? you might ask. Well, for the sheer pleasure of turning something horrible into something beautiful. I personally don`t, but maybe some of you do. For one thing it must be a great feeling to see the look on the customer`s face? Post the pictures perhaps, but at any rate have that personal satisfaction of accomplishment. And ideally you`d get more money for the amount of work (for those of you in the biz). So are there any who do actually enjoy it?

imported_themightytimmah
04-27-2008, 07:44 AM
I love it when you can just melt the crap off wheels with Meg`s WB. If I have to scrub I kinda hate it though.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-27-2008, 08:02 AM
The more time involved, the less I enjoy it.

Envious Eric
04-27-2008, 10:12 AM
^^^^agreed...the more work to get something looking good, then less thrilled I am about the process...

cctxdetailer
04-27-2008, 10:37 AM
I found out last thursday that I do. I`d been working on new car get ready`s with minors scratches and stains and some used cars that were only a couple of years old at the most. Then they gave me a 1998 dark green saturn that looked like it had rolled down a cliff and landed in a caliche/mud pit. I think the owner was a shade tree mechanic and it was his parts car. The GM said it was going to the outlet store

($4000 or less) so not to spend too much time on it. Got busy about noon and finished it around 6:00pm. I drove it around to his office and, he took a look at it, and said "maybe we should keep it here and try to sell it first." made my day.