PDA

View Full Version : red lancer evolution detail, questions...

DrEVO
04-24-2008, 09:26 PM
hi, new to detailing.

i have acquired a flex polisher, with a few orange and white 6.5inch pads. I plan on detaliing a red `03 modded evo.

after wash/claybar i plan on using menzera SIP with orange pad and flex, followed by menzera FPII with white foam pad and flex. car is dull with light ot moderate oxidation on hood, roof, trunk and quarters. mild swirling.

i will then use nxt 2.0 tech wax and apply/remove by hand.

my question is, ive been told that the EVO has a single stage paint that is thin, to my understanding this paint has the clear mixed with it, not a seperate hard coat on the surface. anyone know about this? will th emenzera SIP and FPII be ok? according ot menzera its safe for cleared and non cleared paints. if i start seeing lots of red on the pad will that be normal?

thanks.

ac

LICamaro85
04-26-2008, 11:47 AM
I cant see that new of a car being Single Stage paint, but if it is your going to see tons of red paint on those pads.

getcha
04-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Yea rally red on the VIII and IXs are single stage. You will see transfer on the pads, but dont worry. I will also tell you that by my experience, that particular paint is of medium hardness. Try your FPII on a white pad first and see if that will make a difference for you before stepping up. Also, which im sure you know of, the Evo paint chips notoriously easy which will lead me to suggest that you are careful around your edges and intricate areas. I love those cars.

Good luck

DrEVO
04-26-2008, 08:03 PM
so start with FPII with white. ok. sounds good, glad u said taht because iw as going to use IP with orange pads.

getcha
04-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Im just sayin start with something not so aggressive and if you get decent correction and desired results, sweet. If not, no big deal just take a small step up in aggresiveness.

Ill look through my photos and see what I used when I did a couple. I`m pretty sure it was actually IP and 106ff but one IX was beat the hell up.