PDA

View Full Version : CC on 02 Camaro

detaildoc
04-24-2008, 06:42 PM
I will be doing a friend`s 02 Camaro. Does anybody know if the paint/cc on this car is soft, medium, or hard? I always start with the least aggressive combo, but I would like to have an idea.

BigJimZ28
04-24-2008, 06:47 PM
it`s typical GM hard

not quite Vette hard

but still hard

detaildoc
04-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah, that`s what I thought. Thanks. You think the IP/orange pad with the Flex will do the job?

BigJimZ28
04-24-2008, 06:59 PM
I have not used IP or a flex but the Danase Swirl abolisher 2 or 3(sorry can`t remeber what I used)

and an orange Propel pads on a PC worked great on my brother`s 2002 WS-6(ram air) T/A

so I would think the IP/orange/flex combo should work great

VroomVroom
04-24-2008, 08:31 PM
FWIW I can tell you that in my experience, IP/orange with the PC isn`t quite enough. I don`t have any direct experience with the Flex, but it seems like that extra horsepower just might do the trick so you don`t have to step up on the pad or product.

wannafbody
04-26-2008, 09:08 AM
From my experience the plastic panels seem softer than the steel panels.

2KLS1
04-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Well from my experience IP/orange pad is enough in most cases. I used that combo with a PC on the T/A and it worked well. Naturally it also depends on the condition of the paint. Sometimes multiple passes were required and in some only one. Like everyone has said the paint is a bit on the hard side but I imagine that the FLEX will give you quicker results than a PC. The only think I didn`t like about IP is that it dusted like crazy on me. FPII however was great, no dusting whatsoever and a little longer working time.